Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving fun

Every Thanksgiving we go to Ted's Mom and Dads. This year Ted wanted to try deep fried turkey. Look how golden brown it looks in the pictures. It was so juicy and very good. And notice the fire extinguisher on the lower right...safety first.
Daesha was very hungry when we got there so she decided to eat the dinner mints on the table, but first she had to cut them up. As if they weren't tiny already :-)




After we stuffed ourselves with food. We headed off to the movies. I guess this has become a family tradition in the last couple years. This year Ted took the kids and played Halo with some friends. So I called my friend Kim and she joined me and the fam. This year we went and saw August Rush. It was really good. After the movie I headed off to my sisters to plan out the morning shopping. I planned on sleeping over but my neices and I ended up going to the mall at midnight. We made my nephews come too. It wasn't too exciting..Just at the moment the doors were open everyone started screaming. The news crews were there and I just couldn't stop laughing at the stupidity of it all. I didn't get any Christmas gifts but I got some jeans for myself for $12 and a shirt for $10 at Anchor Blue. We got home about 2:30 am and we were out the door again at 3:30. I got about 25 minutes of sleep. I got some great deals most everything on my list except the airhogs helicopters. Those were gone quick. The morning was pretty much uneventful. No serious injuries or broken displays like we have seen in the past.
When I got home around 1:00 I gave my hubby a kiss and went to take a nap. Daesha came in shortly after. I was just about to shoo her out and lock the door but she just curled up next to me. So we took a 2 hour nap together.
Satuday we took the kids to Cabella's and had lunch there too. Then we went to see the 3-D dinosaur movie at the museum. Keegan screamed in horror as the dinosaur came right up to the screen and roared. Poor kid.
Sunday after church we got out the tree and trimmings and started to get into the holiday sprit. Daesha helped by putting all the balls and other ornaments in the same small clump on the tree. I think all kids to that. Ted helped by putting ornaments on Daesha. It was a fun weekend. I love the holiday season. But really don't like the snow. And I think it is coming soon. We got a little drift this morning. Boooo.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Oh man, this post makes me really sad that I'm not there. I miss you guys and having all fun at Christmas with everyone! I wish we were coming back soon, but I guess the next time we come we will be moving there! I miss you guys!