Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Family night



Monday night family night got delayed to last night. We got a really bad snow storm and so we sat at home. But last night we did go out to a really fun place called Hollywood Connections. We had the whole place to ourselves (I think because it was the middle of the week). Daesha has been there a couple times and really loves going. It's basically an indoor carnival. There are rides for kids, bumber cars, rollercoaster, mini golf, skating rink, lazer tag, and movie theaters. After Daesha rode a few rides we went roller skating. Daesha did pretty good, she wanted to do it all by herself after she skated a few laps . The best entertainment of all is the last picture, scroll down to see..




this picture below is funny! Ted was spinning the bucket really fast.


You can see Daesha's head and hair. She cant hold her head up cause it's going so fast.


Daesha calls this bus ride the tummy tickler.


It's kinda like the magic carpet ride.



Daesha skating all by herself!


Ted and Daesha - Ted is the worse skater ever!


He took his skates off after 15 minutes. But he put in a great effort.


I grew up on skates so it was my job to do the teaching.


Keegan got to have some fun too!



and finally the award for most entertaining for the night.....





This guy was for real. This picture you must click on to blow it up. It demands a closer look. He was roller skating like he was on ice skates!! He was pretty good too. But I just couldn't stop laughing at his outfit. The funniest were the lace socks!! He had a water bottle and towel that he'd placed on the rail to cool himself down from his hard workout. I asked him if I could take his picture and after he had done this spinning trick he skated up to me and I said, "That was amazing" he said in his soft voice, "that wasn't a good one I tripped on my wheel". I'm pretty sure I had a goofy smile on my face because I was about to burst into laughter.


Daesha liked watching him do his tricks. She finally said, "Mom, boys don't wear dresses" I said, "no they dont but I guess some do" Here is a video of her doing some of the tricks she learned from the man in a dress. And one of her falling. Its only half a second long.


2 comments:

The Perry Family said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! that guy is funny...just from that one shot..looks kinda 80ish! haha i am 28 and still can't roller skate a bit!

Anonymous said...

That was a darling video of Daesha showing off her new moves! I didn't realize how colorful this guy was - he even had lacy socks on!!!