Trains normally sound like like choo, choo. But during the holidays we hear CHEW, CHEW.
A few days ago we made these candy trains. Daesha did it all by herself! I just had to give her instructions and she did it! Way to go Daesha.
Here are the directions to make your own. They are so easy!
You will need:
1 Piece of cardboard 24x4 in. covered with aluminum foil
4 Three Musketeers (engine and cars)
4 sticks of Balck Licorice (tracks, couplings)
24 Peppermint Rounds (wheels)
24 Red Hots (center of wheels)
6 Tootsie Rolls (logs)
1 Life Saver Roll (engine)
1 Chocolate Kiss (smoke)
1 Candy Orange (cow-catcher)
1 Gum Drop (headlight)
1 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (smoke stack)
Assorted candies... M&M's, gumdrops, mints, red licorice, what ever you like to fill the cars.
RECIPE FOR ICING (makes enough for 3 trains)
1 lb. Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
Mix all and beat for 10 minutes. (Keep covered with a damp cloth when not in use.)
CUT CANDY BARS
* Cut off 1/4 of one bar for the top of the caboose, the remaining 3/4 is for the engine.
* Cut 2 bars in half, for the cars.
* Cut off 1/3 of one bar for the engines cab and the remaining 2/3 for the caboose.
* Place small dabs of icing on the bottom of each train piece to adhere to cardboard.
* Ice on the peppermint wheels and then the red hots.
* Cut several licorice sticks length wise in fourths. for the tracks and couplings.
* Ice the 1/4 piece (cab) or the engine on the back og the engine.
* Ice the life savers together. Ice along the topfront of the engine and place LifeSavers.
* Ice the orange slice to the front.
* Ice a gumdrop on the front for the headlight.
* Ice on the peanut butter cup for smoke stack and the chocolate kiss as the smoke.
Decorate the cars and caboose how ever you like.
HAVE FUN CHEWING!