Thursday, August 27, 2009

Daesha Goes To Kindergarten


Today was Daesha's first day of Kindergarten. She was really excited. After she got dressed and was ready to leave she got a gift from her Mom and Dad. It was a necklace that my Mom gave me when I started school. (I added the circle charm)


She was so sweet and really liked it. She thanked me and gave me a big hug. DANG! She is cute! I love her so much.

I put Keegan in a stroller and we walked to Daesha's bus stop. It's just at the end of our street. As we were walking Daesha said, "I have huge butterflies Mom." I giggled and asked if they were nervous butterflies or happy butterflies. She said, "They are happy" I said, "I bet they will be even happier when the bus comes!" Then she started jumping and laughing. Daesha has wanted to ride on a school bus ever since she started preschool 2 years ago. She didn't like the fact that she was going to school but couldn't ride a bus.

Daesha was the only child at the bus stop and she was the first stop on the route so she was the first child on the bus. After saying bye she got on the bus and took the very first seat across from the driver. I heard the lady driver say, "You sure look happy to go to school today, don't forget to wave bye to your Mom" Daesha quickly waved and before the doors closed I heard Daesha asking, "What's your name?" I have a feeling she will be asking that alot today...

My big girl getting on the bus.
(sniff, sniff)







Since Daesha is not a morning girl (she takes after her Mom) she goes in the afternoon. So she rides the bus home with the rest of the school kids. A 6th grader is assigned to each Kindergartner for the first week, to make sure they get on and off the right bus. Daesha's is our next door neighbor and babysitter, Kayla. So that is a big relief for me.

Here they are getting off the bus.


Once she was home and eating her favorite sandwich ham, lettuce, and pepper. She told me all about her day. This was my favorite part. she told me lots of things with much enthusiasm. First she told me about a boy named Dillan who cried because he wanted his Mom. And a girl who had on a polka dotted shirt, like she used to have. And another girl who was spying (that's the word Daesha used) on her. I tried telling her she was probably thinking she was cute and wanted to be her friend. Daesha didn't believe that. She said "No, Mom she was talking about me to another girl" I asked her what she said and she said she couldn't hear her. So I said well maybe she was telling the other girl that she liked your hair. Daesha said. "Well, she could just tell me that herself!" She was right. She probably was talking "about" her.
She also couldn't believe that the soap in her class turns blue!!! So you have to keep washing until the soap doesn't turn blue anymore. I heard many more cool things about her day and she is still happy to go back tomorrow.

Daesha isn't the only one who is having a big day. Keegan officially started potty training. YES, he is only 2!!!! But all week he has been telling me he wants to go potty and takes his pants and diaper off BEFORE he goes potty. So I figured I am already cleaning up poo and pee off the floor, I might as well see if he can figure this out.
I just love the cute little bums in those tiny unders. So here is a first for Keegan in his "not so tighty" whities.




5 comments:

Bret Bushman Family said...

It is a sad day when your oldest goes to school, but also a glorious one=)

Debbi said...

The necklace part made me tear up and it was only the beginning! I am so glad Daesha loved school, of course she would, she is so fun! I love the spy comment too, she cracks me up. Gage has PM class too, we just got class assignments today. I'm mixed about it but it will have to do, here the kindergarteners only ride the bus one way (the way without the big kids) so you'll have to tell Daesha she gets extra rides!

WAY to go Keegan. Noah is a stinker (literally) and could do it, but has no desire. I love the look of those itty bitty boys in whitie tighties, he is such a stud! I'll have to show Noah the picture of Keegan!

Kerra 'n' Josh said...

I think i almost cried reading this post! They're growing up so fast and i don't hardly get to see them any more! I love the pictures You're such a great mommy! Love ya

Kim said...

I loved this post. Daesha is so cute an those little undies on Keegan are darling.

Jeff and Kira said...

They are both so cute! I loved reading about Daesha's first day at school! Glad she liked it so much :)