Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Daesha

Our week has been full of lots of LOVE. Appropriate for this holiday. Our sweet little angel turned 6 years old on Thursday. She was very excited to go to school where she would get to sit at the Mickey Mouse table, reserved only for your birthday. Her teacher gave me permission to take cupcakes at the end of class. When Keegan and I arrived the class was empty. But just minutes after we arrived the class came in. They had been in the gym. One by one the children filed in the classroom...but, no Daesha. Finally the very last two came in, Daesha's Teacher and Daesha; with an icepack on her left eye. Poor Daesha had obviously been crying. Her teacher said that she was hit with a frizzbee. (weird. a frizzbee? ) Anyway she was fine and happy that I was there so that she could pass out her cupcakes. But the picture of her looks goofy because she was having a hard time opening her eye all the way.





That night we decided that Daesha deserved a dinner date. Ted was able to get off early so we told her she could pick anyplace she wanted to eat. She picked Timpanyaki Steak House. We had a great time and Keegan kept us laughing the entire night. As usual he was thrilled with all the food and amazingly ate most of it! The chef kept laughing at him too. He would try to talk to Keegan and his show just wasn't enough to get Keegan to watch. Keegan was completly focused on his food. He couldn't be bothered with stopping to see what the chef was doing as long as he kept the food coming Keegan was happy.



We brought our gift for Daesha to open after dinner. She has been wanting aquasand for some time and was really excited once she opened it. The waiter also brought Daesha some icecream with a pink candle.






Notice Keegan is STILL eating. He looks stuffed but still has food hanging out of his mouth!!!







After dinner we rushed up to Salt Lake were my neice Tiffany had her wishing star hung at the Make a Wish headquarters. My nephew Nic had just had surgury that morning on his nose (he broke it a week ago playing church ball) He wasn't feeling well at all that night. On our way I stopped and got him a get well card and some silly glasses to wear since he was worried about having 2 black eyes for the preference dance this weekend. I thought it could discretly hide the embarrassing black eyes. maybe not :-) This picture is taken after Ted tied my neice Brit to the door jam. She is wearing the glasses I got Nic.


Anyway, I was really glad that we got to go. It was a really neat night. Tiffany was especially in good spirits and it was fun to see her so happy. I believe she is on cloud nine since the race and has loved all the love shown to her and her family.









On Sunday we had the Adams family over for dinner. Kim and I thought it would be fun to do heart shaped pizzas since it was Valentines day. The kids had fun decorating their own pizza. Keegan only wanted cheese. And kept eating the cheese off it before we could get it in the oven.




After dinner The rest of the family came over and we had cake and icecream for Daesha's birthday. It was a fun night and Daesha loved all her gifts. I am so grateful to be living close to family. I have such an amazing family both my side and the in-laws. I love seeing how comfortable by family is with my husbands family! Truely awesome people. I love you all!



Daesha, Rachel and Ericas fun with Bendaroos.



Funny thing.... Ted and George went out on a date Valentines night! They wanted to go see Wolfman. Kim and I wanted to see Dear John. So it was decided that the guys could hit the late night movie that night and then Kim and I would hit the matinee the next day. It worked out great. Expect the guys got a little crap from Kim and I for going out on Valentines night. When Ted got home he said that it must had been the night for single men at the movie. The theater was full of paired up men. HAHAHA. Ted liked the movie but I was happy to hear that he would have rather liked to be with me. :-)




3 comments:

Jeff and Kira said...

Happy birthday Daesha! She is so beautiful! I'm glad she had a good birthday. And I love the glasses you got for Nic! haha

Bret Bushman Family said...

What a fun day it looks like you had for Daesha's birthday...they grow soooo fast. I forgot about the stars :( that is such a cool thing :)

Debbi said...

Happy Happy Birthday Daesha! I still have a card that is coming, I swear maybe by the time she is 18 I will be on the ball and get it to her on time. I think the cake looks great - did you do it? or where did you get it?

glad she had a good day!