Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hunting Season Starts



We were so happy that we were able to make it to the bow hunt this year. Of course Ted had a tag but we werent sure if we would be making the annual trip down to Ephraim for the opening weekend. It's alot of work and even more money for food and gas. We sold our camping trailor this year so I was sure I wouldn't be going with the kids. I can handle warm weather and one night in a tent. But with more than 20 years experience of the skyline on the wasatch mountains it can get pretty cold and windy. I was not about to do the tent thing up there! We did the tent for a couple years and I just hated it. Anyway, this year we were lucky enough to have Ted's Dad come and he let us stay in his palace. It is one nice trailor! We all had a great time. The weather was absolutely perfect. The Deer, as always were abundant. Yet not a single hunter brought one back to camp. This year our nephew Josh came with us. He had a blast shooting and missing several deer. Ted got a few shots and also the newcomer George got some shots as well. He's really not a newcomer to camp but a new hunter. This was his first hunt. And unfortunately Kim, He is hooked. Sorry.
We also invited our friends the Jacklins. It was really fun to have them there too. Every year we do the same activities. You would think it would get boring but it doesn't! Every year has it's own memories. Every year I can't wait to go back.





It never takes long before the 4-wheelers are zipping around camp.

Daesha and Dezerae on Daesha's wheeler...





Keegan and Megan were tied at the hip this weekend! These 2 laughed and giggled and played their little hearts out. They were so much fun to watch.



Daesha loves a good campfire no matter the weather!



Saturday morning was the first day of the hunt. And all the men were gone, so the kids and I had the trailor all to ourselves. After a bowl of cereal and hot chocolate we played around with the self timer on my camera.














Yes, we ALL are wearing Footsie Jammies!



My brother in law Scott has put this zipline up for a few years now. Back when his model was just a rope and a wheel I went down. But now it's inproved and much safer with a harness and safety line. I really wanted to go down but after watching a few hard landings I decided not to test my luck. I am still wearing a boot for my ankle.
This picture shows how big the zipline actually is.



This is Ted and Keegan doing down. The rope was really stretchy from many others going down. Ted and Keegan only made it half way before slidding on the ground to a stop. Ted had to walk the rest of the way.










Daesha went down all by herself. She loved it. I hated watching it. She would go so fast that someone had to stop her before she would slam into the tree that the rope was tied onto at the bottom.





Daesha's cousin Josh could barely stop her. He hurt his hand trying to. Daesha was all smiles and having too much fun to worry about her cousins pain.

The kids got creative with some gumdrop candy and toothpicks.

Keegans robot. And Daesha's caterpillar.



Not only do the grown ups get to go hunting. So do the kids! Each kid brings a stuffed animal to contribute to the "Animal Hunt". Here are all the kids gathering for the hunt.


This year Keegan found a lion. ROAR!

Daesha found a monkey.
Best buds. Keegan and Megan showing me their animals. But more interested in playing and laughing at eachother instead of looking at the camera.
I LOVE THIS PICTURE!

How we got this adorable picture... sitting in our trailor talking. Garth comes in. Says to Ted. (with more glee than a 7 foot tall man should) "lets go shoot my pellet gun." Ted jumps up like a little boy. "Sweet! Lets get George and some targets" For the next 30 minutes I listen through the window to grown men taunt and joke with eachother like they were 10 years old. I couldn't stop laughing! So I went out to get a picture and they were all smiles. I commented on how I thought there were 3 10 year old boys outside the trailor and George leaned over to Garth and said, "Dude, theres a chick talking to us"

HAHAHAHAHA!
On Sunday the men don't hunt. We always cook up a mean breakfast and after that we have a special church service. We follow the regular outline of the Latter Day Saints service with a song, prayer, talk, and then it's an open mic. Where anyone can get up and share their testimony and feelings. I LOVE this particular sunday of the year. It is so special and I always feel so close to my Father in heaven when I am surrounded by my loved ones and the beauty of his creations all around us. The kids got up and sang I Am A Child Of God. Keegan is in the orange shirt. He is telling Megan not to sing. He had to say this loud because she couldn't hear him over the other kids singing. This got a chuckle out of a few of us.

No comments: