Saturday, November 5, 2011

Family of Honor AND Combat

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

About a month ago I asked the kids what they wanted to be for Halloween. Daesha was first to answer. A NINJA!
Then surprisingly Keegan picked a Ninja too. He had been undecided for weeks. So I was glad that a decision had finally been made and he didn't change his mind. The thing that set the costume in stone for Keegan was that we would get 2 samurai swords.
The Saturday we got back from Snowbird we went to our ward trunk-or-treat.

Family of Gnomes...
Bull ridin' cowboy... :)
The Jacklins...

Daesha and Lizzy...
Giving out candy at our car....



On Halloween night I decided at the last minute to wear my black scrubs and tie some ribbon around my arms and legs to resemble a ninja. We dressed our dog Lizzy in a "dragon" costume to go along with our Asian themed costumes. Daesha informed me that the costume was a dinosaur not a dragon because dragons have wings. Duh. I should have realized this before Halloween night.
At school Keegan was spoiled to the hilt. His teacher gave them lots of toys and a book. Then the kids got to go trick or treating to the parents cars after school was out.Keegan's classmates and teacher Mrs. Johanna in the witch hat....




While Keegan was in school Ted and I went to the elementary school to see the costume parade. My favorite one was of course Daesha. But the second best was a girl in a white apron that said Progressive on it and a name tag that said FLO! She even had a dark wig and blue headband.
After all the activities at school are done we left at 4:30 to trick or treat the businesses on main street. Went to visit Teds parents, then my sister, and back home. This year we were done by 7 o'clock. Ted had a meeting so he stayed home with Keegan while Daesha and I went to visit our family in Harvest Hills. My nephews had a haunted house and we went to check it out. They had done a really good job and scared us both a bit. Thanks Josh, Hunter, and Wyatt for taking it easy on us girls.



1 comment:

Jeff and Kira said...

You guys look AWESOME! I love it! And all of your ninja poses are perfect!