Monday, October 29, 2007

The best phone call ever!

On Friday night I got the best phone call ever! But just to give a little history for those who don't know... When we were matched with Daesha's Birth Mom
(B-Mom/Daeshanae) we quickly became friends. We met her just a few days before Daesha was born. And It's hard to explain to anyone how much we were connected. We literally fell in love with our new friend. She was so wonderful and so kind to us. We have what is called an "open adoption" so she knows my cell phone number and address. I have never regreted that decision to keep her in our lives. When Daesha was one year old she wanted to come to Utah and see her. I basically told her no. And that was the last I heard of her. I was so mad at myself for hurting her and I never wanted her out of our lives and I was so sad that I had done just that. For 2 years I worried about her. She was no longer at her address and she always used a phone card to call me so I couldn't call her back. I even called the agency to see if maybe she had called them. We had moved and I thought maybe she lost our phone number. Then as I was driving to meet some girl friends for dinner she called my cell. I had to pull over because I was afraid I was going to crash from the shock and excitement. We talked for over an hour. We laughed and cried and it was just the best phone call ever. She told me "Thank You" for telling her NO! I couldn't believe she was thanking me... she said that she needed that, it helped her get the strength to get on with her life and acheive the goals she had made. She told me that she could see I needed space and so did she. She also told me she is graduating from college this spring and is engaged to Daehsa's Birth Father. They also have a little girl she is 8 months. And they bought a house together. I just couldn't contain the joy I felt for her and it brought back all the feelings I have for her. We told each other I Love You and it felt so natural like telling my own siblings I love them. I am so thankful she called and that she still loves us and that she is doing so well. Daesha is so lucky to have such an amazing woman in her life.

Daeshanae holding Daesha at the hospital

3 comments:

Debbi said...

I am crying! That is the best post ever. That story is amazing and I'm so happy that you were able to talk to her. It is so great that she is graduating and has a new baby and a house! You are right - Daesha is one very blessed girl - she has TWO wonderful moms!

The Perry Family said...

wow....that is amazing. it is wonderful that you DO stay in touch with her and even more wonderful the relationship you have with her. i'm very happy for you and daesha.

Kim said...

Oh my gosh, I am at work crying my eyes out, and everyone is wondering what happened. I love to hear stories like that. I'm so glad she called, I just can't believe you didn't tell me about it when I talked to you on Saturday. How was your condo stay. I can't wait to read about it. Blog it soon, okay.