Wednesday, March 5, 2008

warning...adolescence in me is about to show

I love dancing! My facination started when the movie Dirty Dancing came out. I watched that movie over and over I had a poster in my room of Baby and Johnny. In high school I took ballroom dance and really liked it. It was really easy for me. I dreamed that I could do this professionally but I guess that I didn't have the right attitude to follow my dream. Then I found country swing dancing and liked that too. Anyway, this post is going off on the wrong topic...What I really wanted to point out is my love for dancing and movies. When Step up came out a few years ago I went to see it 5 times at the theater. I loved the dancing and I loved the music. Then Step up 2 came out and of course I had to see that. In my opinion the dancing was even better than the first movie. One particular group in the movie got my attention. They were wearing white masks and gloves. Last week the same group was on Ellen Degeneres' show. And for someone who likes dancing like I do I knew that I should do some more research on these guys. Apparently they are on a show called America's Best Dance Crew. I am pretty sure we dont have that airing in Utah. I would have watched it. Anyway they are amazing dancers. If you dont believe me check them out on Jabbawockeez.com or click {here} and you can see some of their performances.

5 comments:

Debbi said...

I happened to turn on the the tv that day and see that group on ellen, I never watch ellen. They were pretty cool and had way good moves. you are so funny.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Strictly Ballroom? It's an old classic by Baz Luhrman (of the Moulin Rouge / Leo DiCaprio Romeo and Juliet variety) ALLL about ballroom dancing in Australia. You would LOVE it! I want to watch it just thinking about it...

The Perry Family said...

so i guess you heard about patrick? he has pancreatic cancer and it doesn't sound good! i love that movie too and am a religious dancing with the stars watcher!

Bret Bushman Family said...

Chandra, I have a friend that will come over Sunday and teach us about blog paper, would that work for you. Shauna
P.S. I love looking at your blog

Bret Bushman Family said...

I'm sorry Chandra, I can be such a space. I am using our old basement computer, I don't have my papers I downloaded or any pictures on this computer, Our good computer is being fixed, you would think I would have thought of that. But we will do it when I get my computer back, And ya we should do games and treats to, that would be fun. Sorry, and I will let you know.