Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My very first Quilt



HaPpy DaY!
I finally finished a project that has been in the making for 3 years, maybe more. I lost track. It was one of those projects that kept getting put down and never touched for months. But it was lots of fun to do. Each square represents each month of the year. I hand stitched each one and some have buttons sewn on. Then my sis-in-law whom happens to be a very good piece quilter helped me sew the borders. She let me use her machine which was really nice and fun to sew the squiggly designs. So now I have to find a rod to hang it on. Right now I just have it up with thumb tacks. Thats not so cute.

4 comments:

The Perry Family said...

VERY GOOD!!! I want to learn to sew SOOOOOOOOOOO bad. No one will teach me though and I have yet to even learn how to sew on a button! :)

Amy said...

Chandra, wow it's so good to hear from you, you look great and your 2 kids are adorable. How fun for you guys. And WOWZERS you made that quilt, ok I'm good to say that I've sewed a button on, oh I just noticed the other person said that, but honestly it's true. It will be fun to see you and your cute little family. Hang in there.

Debbi said...

haha, I think we started that project when we lived with you guys! WAY TO GO finishing it!...are you the only one? :) I love it - thumb tacks look great, right? :)

Melanie said...

The quilt is gorgeous! You did an amazing job! And FYI, IKEA has cheap black curtain rods that would work nicely - or you could go with the more expensive Rod Works option... I'd go for IKEA, most of the rod will be covered up anyway :)