Monday, November 17, 2008

Most everyone who reads my blog knows what visiting teaching is. But, incase you don't know here's a quick explanation. In our church we are assigned to visit 2 or 3 other ladies in our church. Each woman has a partner and the 2 of you go once a month to talk and also give an uplifting/spiritual message. I absolutley love the 2 girls who come to my house. I always keep them there for longer than they probably want to be. But I just find myself talking their ears off. And I love hearing about what they are doing in their lives too.
So today I went with my partner (who is also so dang sweet) to visit 2 of our girls. (who I also enjoy very much too) :-) My partner shared a talk given by Joseph B. Wirthlin. It was titled "Come What May, and Love It". It was about laughing at life. He said, "I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it." The whole talk was really great if you feel like reading it click come what may
I have a long way to go before I love adversity or even a single experience that has made me feel discouraged or angry. But I truely believe that you can learn to get through hard times with a positive attitude. And even laugh.
So today I am grateful for several things.. good neighbors, good leaders, good life. All have to do with the awesome program called Visiting Teaching.

1 comment:

Mindi B said...

That was one of my FAVORITE conference talks ever! It was so perfect for everyone and it made me smile and laugh the whole way through! I love Elder Wirthlin!