Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I LOVE TED!!!

I am so grateful to such a good hubby. I am going through major seperation anxiety lately. Every week this month he has come home for a couple days and then leaves for a week and comes home... it's driving me crazy! I begged him not to go to work today. But he had a training class he was teaching. And then tonight he has an activity with the Young Men in our ward. He promises me that we will get some time together soon. I believe him but I want him home now! Last week he was in Texas. He gave these fun capes to the kids. Daesha loved hers. She said it was like Nacho Libre.












Keegan could only see out one eyes opening. He didn't seem to mind.

Keegan playing with his toys. He couldn't see very good with the cape on. Instead of taking it off he would just lift the bottom of the mask.





Ted...

1- Where did you meet?
We met on a blind date. April 21st 1995. My friend Kim was going on a blind date herself. (that her Dad set up) So Kim went with her date to his family reunion. Ted was really good friends with Kims date and his family so Ted was there at the family reunion. Dateless. So Kim called me to see if I wanted to go with them to a movie. I agreed. When I first climbed into Ted's blue bronco I was introduced to Jason, Traci, Loren, and Ted. Ew. He has a mullet. AND IT'S PERMED!!!
But he was very cute. (in an 80's sort of way.) We went to the movies but it was sold out so we rented the Bodyguard. We went to Ted's house to watch it. The whole night I swear I needed a translater. Ted mumbled so bad all I got was every other word. It's funny because once Ted and I were dating serious his Mom told me she couldn't stop laughing the first time Ted brought me to the house. She said she was in the other room and could hear Ted talking to me and I kept saying, "what?"
2- How long did you date before you got married?
We dated for 1 year, 5 months. I was ready after dating 6 months. But Ted had major cold feet. He had been engaged to someone else.
3- How long have you been married?
12 perfect years.
4- What does he do that surprises you?
Nothing Ted does surprises me anymore. I used to be surprised when he acted like he was 12 years old blowing stuff up in our yard. Or saying something to someone, especially my sister just to piss them off.
5- What's your favorite feature about him? I love his BOD! Sorry it's the truth!!!
6- Whats your favorite quality about him?
SO MANY! I love that he is a kid at heart. I love that people seem to be afraid of him at first but once you get to know him he is just a big softy. He never gets embarrased. He has such a big heart. He wants to help anyone where ever he can. (even strange women giving birth - good story) He is such a good Dad. I love that he isn't very funny but he can make me laugh. He is so handy. He can build/fix just about anything. He is so good at making me feel special. He would do anything for ME. Is that a quality? Oh well I love it all the same.
7- Does he have a nickname for you?
It makes people sick being around us. But, we love calling eachother hon, babe, sweetie, and other silly sentimental names.
8- What's his favorite color?
Green
9- What's his favorite food?
He doesn't have a favorite. He is a carnivore to the fullest. Just give him meat!
10- What is his favorite sport?
This list is long.. obviously he loves hunting! He also enjoys fishing, rock climbing, repelling, kyaking, and paintball. He does enjoy watching football and basketball but previous list takes presidents over actual sports.
11- Who said I love you first?
So weird. I really don't remember. I think he did first.
12- When and where was your first kiss?
HAHA. It was at my friend Traci's house. Ted was asleep on her couch and she and I were in the other room talking. She had just asked me how much I liked Ted and was it serious. Her friend was also interested in Ted and wondering if he was "on the market." I decided I better find out. So I went in and started to kiss him.... The rest is history :-)
13- What's your favorite thing to do as a couple? Before we had kids we loved going snowboarding, camping, hiking, dinner and movies. Then we didn't have the money to do that very much so we would go test drive cars we could never afford, spend hours looking at magazines at macy's, drive around looking at houses and dreaming of owning one one day. Now that we have kids and own a house we pretty much do the exact same stuff. Only less frequently.
14- Do you have kids? How many?
2.. Daughter, Daesha who is four. Son, Keegan who is 1.
15- Funniest story about Ted.
I could share some really great ones but I have to say the best one that has the whole family laughing (except his Mom) was when he was in 2nd grade. The teacher left the room to talk with another teacher in the hall and Ted stood on his chair and yelled "LOOK AT ME" while sticking his finger out his pant zipper!!! He got sent to the principles office for that one.

1 comment:

MakingChanges said...

I pictured little Ted doing that as I was reading the funny story. Totally funny!

Um, so did Ted wake up when you started kissing him? Just wondering.