Sunday, December 7, 2008

I used to be a good mom before I had kids

Ok I must say right at the beginning that I swear I didn't mean for this fun little play time with the kids to turn out so bad.
Ted left today to Elko. So most know that Daesha gets to sleep with me while her Daddy is gone. Its a fun bonding time for us. Tonight before bedtime we had all the lights out and we were sitting on the floor around Daesha's little camp lantern. I held the dim light up to my face and using my scary story telling voice I started to tell my two kids a story about a boy who smelled something stinky. I ment for it to be a funny story and it was until the end when you must conclude the story with a GOOD SCARE! I had worked up a great BOOO! And both kids laughed and giggled. Ok so I wasn't scary at all. Then Daesha grabbed the light wanting to tell her own scary story. It went something like this.

Once there was a girl that was so evil (did she just say evil?) that she didn't have any friends. Everyone thought that she killed everyones cats (WHHAAAT!!) But she liked cats. She even wanted to buy kittens but her mom wouldn't let her because she didn't want her to kill it. One night she heard screaming (ok I am getting scared) She went to look out her window and.....
Daesha had flipped the switch off on her light. I screamed! Then Daesha screamed. Then Keegan cried. I was REALLY scared. Just the sound of her childs voice talking slow and deep had me creeped out from the beginning. But she really had a scary story. And the GOOD SCARE was way better than mine.
After I stumbled for the lamp and had it switched back on Daesha says, "ok, I am seriously turning on the lights"
I started to laugh while poor Keegan is still crying. I told Daesha that she really had her mother scared. Then she laughed. But both of us still looked toward the stairs just to make sure nobody was coming up to get us.

3 comments:

Chris said...

That is so funny!!!!! I lol at your story. Traci

MakingChanges said...

I laughed, sorry, couldn't help myself. You are a good mom! I am not one to play these kinds of fun games with my kids because I AM A CHICKEN.

Jeff and Kira said...

Hahaha that story made me laugh out loud! Daesha is so funny!