Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We have moved...


Finally, I am unpacked enough that I can sit and update my blog. Wow. I have been a little out of touch. My blog and facebook have been sadly neglected.

We have been in our new house in Lehi for a week and a half. Don't you just love all the tumble weeds!!! We have alot of work to do this summer. For those who don't know we purchased this forecloser that was a STEAL. We got it for exactly half it's value. Most of our things are unpacked. But I still have a few things to go through, I can't stand having boxes all over. Ted is busy getting the "mother-in-law" apartment ready. (we have to put in a kitchen) Then we plan on renting it out. We still have our house in Saratoga Springs. No worries though. We hired a property manager who will find someone to rent or do a lease to own option. Sorry to our neighbors in Saratoga. The sign on the yard is really big. I wonder if there will be a spot light out next week. Haha.

Anyway, we are super happy with this house and our neighbors have been awesome! Everyone on our street has come over and said hello. Seriously everyone! We have been invited to dinner to one of our neighbors too. It's going to be a great neighborhood. The best is I live 1.8 miles from my friend Kim. Not quite next door, which is what we always dreamed growing up. But it's close enough. :-) Ted and I are excited to have new friends. But this is sorta a bad thing too. We bought this house with the idea to sale when the market gets better. But I don't want to leave great neighbors...AGAIN.
Here are a couple pictures of the inside. I have told a few people about the kitchen. I really didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me.




10 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've been wondering where you have been? Miss hearing from you.

Mindi B said...

Wow! I just commented on Facebook that I had no idea you moved - guess I should have read this first. What a gorgeous house and I LOVE the kitchen. I'm glad you got such a great deal and that everyone has been so welcoming. You guys are so easy to become friends with, so no matter where you go, you will always be loved. Good luck with everything!

Angela's Angels said...

What a beautiful home!! I am so happy for you guys!! Good nieghbors are priceless!!! :) Does that make you jealous since I'm next door to Kim?? LOL No really...Congrats!!

Kristin said...

Congrats on the new house! It looks like a fun place, and your pictures prove what I have long since thought, which is that I am living in a shack. Are we ever going to see you again? Hope all is well with you and the family.

Heidi said...

Congratulations! The house is beautiful! It's so nice to "see" you guys again on the blog too :)

Anonymous said...

WOWWWW! You guys have a ton of space, just like you wanted! It's huge!!! Congrats on the steal, that's awesome. We miss you guys!

Lance, Jodell, Jena and Emilyn said...

It is fun to see your new house pictures! I was imagining this HIDEOUS kitchen when you were describing it before but your pictures show otherwise! :) Congratulations! We will miss you!

The Perry Family said...

so pretty!

MakingChanges said...

Totally love your kitchen. I'll switch with you if you want?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

You must be very involved with setting up house because it's been so long since we've gotten an update! Love the sage green in your kitchen. We have matching walls :)