Monday, March 2, 2009

when life gives you lemons..

So how do you make lemonade? Just add water and sugar right???

If you already don't know that Ted and I are completly crazy, this will surely confirm that!

Our lives are about to change. ALOT. And we couldn't be more excited!

So let's see. This is what's been going on with us since the beginning of the year. In January Ted's work started letting employee's go. A lot of emplyee's. Ted was worried he was on the list. He confronted his boss and asked him to please (if he could) let Ted know if his name had come up and if his position was stable. His boss reassured him that he was not going to be layed-off. With that we felt comfortable purchasing our house. Two weeks ago Ted's boss, the very same who told him his job was safe was getting layed-off! HUGE shocker! The next day the CEO came and really reamed Ted, telling him that he wasn't doing his job. Next week he will have someone singing him praises. This is such a regular occurance at Ted's work. But that night Ted came home annoyed and had had about enough this time. I told him, "Just get another job!!!" (I probably tell him this every other week) "But we just got this new house, the money is really good" he says. "Maybe just 2 more years" I know that if the money keeps on coming he will never leave. Money is everything right? When you have enough it makes us safe. Right? Those who are close to us have seen the long hours and the stress Ted has been dealing with since the "higher wages". I miss having Ted come home happy. He complains about work EVERYDAY. I don't blame him. It really is a rough place to work. But finally Ted decided he needed some help with making the big decision to leave. For the next 5 days I noticed the only way to describe his blank stare in his face as pondering. I noticed he was reading his scriptures before work every day. I am sure that his prayers were alot like mine. Asking for some direction. Friday afternoon Ted called me and said. "I got the answer I have been asking for". My stomach sank. He said. "I got layed-off today" I made him say it a couple times. Then I said, "really?" He said, "I am serious". I started to laugh. Really I did. And so did he. I was totally surprised he was laughing! He told me that a huge weight had been lifted and he was really glad. This was the best answer he could have ever gotten. How do you argue with that?


So here is the craziness we have two mortgages and no job. Even with that I am so excited to have Ted out of that job.


Just waiting for the sweet taste of lemonade...


11 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, Chandra! Wow!! I can't believe it. You have such a positive attitude! I am not sure I could have a positive outlook. Good for you! Good luck with everything. Everything will work out for you guys!! Keep the faith!

Jeff and Kira said...

Wow you really do have a great attitude! You guys are wonderful and I'm sure everything will work out for you!

ps.. your "hump day" comment made Jeff and I laugh :)

Kristin said...

Okay Chandra, you and I are sooo much alike. When Bruce got layed off a few years ago, (right after we had bought a new van, and spent 20k on Hannah's adoption), I just laughed and told him to take me to Olive Garden, before we were too poor to eat out.
I think it's great that you laughed, what else can you do, right? The only thing worse than being layed off, is working at a job you hate. Bruce hated his last job, and I was so glad when they eliminated his position. It forced him to regroup, and to rethink his life. And it was one of the best things that ever happened to us.
Keep your chins up, blessings come in the craziest of ways, as you well know. And if you need a night out, we would be happy to treat. We've been there. :)
My biggest advice to you would be to enjoy having Ted home for the little time you'll get. Don't waste it on worry. Have fun with the kids, a job will come along sooner than you want.

Kim said...

I'll bring the sugar and water, and maybe a few raspberries!!! We might as well make it a colorful situation right. Always know that I am here for you.

Mindi B said...

Wow! What a crazy thing! Good for you guys to be so optimistic - it will all work out. When Jason graduated from BYU we got offered a great job back East that payed great money. After working for the company 7 months and coming home UNHAPPY every day, we decided it was time to leave - we had to move ourselves back to Utah and had no job waiting for us. It was a trial, but it all worked out and Jason has never been happier than when he left. Good luck with everything!!

Lance, Jodell, Jena and Emilyn said...

Wow, what an answer! It is fun to read that you could both laughed at it :) - (I know when Lance got laid off several years ago, we didn't have that kind of reaction. I wish I would have laughed because it didn't take long for him to find a job that he loved to go to and it was better paying :) It will work out and make you stronger in the process!! :) Keep us updated!

Melanie said...

It is so neat to hear your faith in this post. We were in the same place several years ago (except for the two mortgages part) and it was the best thing that ever happened to us! It makes all the difference in the world when your husband loves his job! Best of luck in the interim until things settle down!

Kimberly Wright said...

I will be praying for lemonade. You guys are amazing and will get through this. ps your new home looks gorgeous!

traci said...

You are the best wife!!!! I love that you guys laughed about it. I wonder what I would have done. You taught me a good life lesson today. :) Let me know if I can do anything. Traci

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both!

My husband worked with the FBI a few years ago because they paid a lot. He was so unhappy there that when he decided to accept a different job with half the income, I did not care. It is SO WORTH IT to have a happy husband.

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh, that's incredible. Answers come in mysterious ways - and I absolutely love your responses. So Ted and Chandra! Way to go to make lemonade! I'm sure something amazing is just around the corner for your family - I can feel it.