Sunday, October 18, 2009

Daesha Looses Her 1st Tooth!!

Two weeks ago Daesha told me that there was a bump behind her tooth that was hurting. It looked like a canker sore. The next day Ted saw that a permanent tooth had popped up behind the baby tooth. Ted told Daesha that it will soon loosen her other tooth and that was exciting for Daesha. The next few days Daesha could be found wiggling that baby tooth. And each day the other tooth would pop up more and more. After a week of getting it nice and loose she tried to eat an apple. But it didn't do the trick. Finally she lost patience and asked me to pull it out. I thought this would be kinda fun. So I grabbed the dental floss and tied it to her tooth.

At the moment I was about to pull I flashed back to the memory of myself in this exact perdicament. My Mom had tied a string to my tooth and was just about to pull when I lost my nerve and started to freek out. I exclaimed, "Stop Mom! I decided I don't want you to pull it out" She said, "OK, Let me untie it then" I relaxed, and opened wide. And POW! My mom pulled. I threw my hand up to my mouth but it was done. It happened so fast I couldn't even react with a scream.
So here I was in the role of my Mother. I started to laugh and Daesha had a look like, why are you laughing.

I began. Are you ready?

Yes. Will it hurt?

Nope.

I did a quick yank.

OW! THAT HURT!!!! (holding her hand to her mouth)

Sorry. It didn't come out. Let me try again.

With all the trust in the world she opened wide. This time I pulled hard and fast.
Daesha's tooth went flying and somehow the knot wasn't the best knot And I heard the tooth hit the wall. Daesha didn't yell or cry. I got on all fours and found the tooth as Daesha held a ball of toilet paper to her gum.
Keegan saw the blood and said, "Daesha hurt?" Daesha said not really and took out the toilet paper to show him the blood and he said, "EW gross"

I felt the toothfairy was going to have a hard time with this one. Because I heard we have a new toothfairy who hasn't had too much experience. But really how hard could it be?
Ted was out of town hunting, Daesha already knew she would be sleeping in our bed with me. And Daesha sleeps on her tummy with her arms UNDER the pillow.
So we discussed that the toothfairy would find her and the tooth which we put in a ziplock bag just fine.

The next morning the toothfairy left me a note saying that it was VERY difficult to get the
ziplock bag out of the tight clutched fist UNDER the pillow. At first she had to feel around under the pillow before lifting half the pillow up to see it was tightly rolled up in Daesha's hand. She pulled softly as not to wake Daesha. Then just yanked on the bag. Daesha's head popped up and the toothfairy dived to the floor. Once it was quiet again the toothfairy tried again. Luckily Daesha had rolled over and loosened her grib and the tooth was much easier to get out of her hand. Because Daesha was brave and let her Mom pull out the tooth the toothfairy left a dollar bill.



1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh my goodness!!! Lucky girl.