Thursday, November 5, 2009

BOO! And I mean it!



What I really mean is BOO-WHOO! as in crying, because I have been a prisoner to my bed for an entire week!!! It started with a headache and then a sore throat. This went on for a couple days. Then WHAM! I felt horrible. My ears were hurting and my nose was on fire along with some coughing. The aches and fever were too much to take. So I went to the Doctor (without any insurance. ouch) And was told that I had the swine flu. Crap! I should have gotten the vaccination. And since I hadn't done anything about it within the first 24 hours I couldn't take the medication that could kick it sooner. So I have been taking lots of Benedryl, Tylenol, and Zicam. I am finally able to get up and do a bit with out getting too dizzy or tired. But my ear's are still clogged. I feel like I am talking through a tube. It is so weird. Anyway, because I was sick I had to miss out on all the trick-or-treating fun this year. Ted took the kids to the ward party and also took them around to family and friends on Halloween night. The kids had a great time with their Dad. Daesha really wanted to be a Cheeta, So I had Keegan be a Lion. He HATED his costume. He would scream, I don't want it!!! So I told him it was a dinosaur and showed him the claws on the hands and feet. Poor kid. His own mother tricking him on Halloween. Once I drew the nose and whiskers on him he thought it was funny and started to growl at everyone. I was going for the whole African Safari feel. Ted and I were going to dress in our camo and be Safari Hunters. I didn't get in costume at all. I didn't even answer the door for trick-or-treaters.

We had scheduled a night to go up to our families timeshare at Snowbird Ski Resort over the weekend. I should have stayed home but I was really wanting to get out. So we went Friday night after the ward Halloween party. We got there late so we just went to bed. The next morning we got up had breakfast and Daesha and Ted got on their swimsuits. As they were heading out to the pool Ted decided to look out our balcony down to the pool. Usually by this time we are able to hear people playing in the pool but it was silent. Sadly the pool was closed!
So we got on our warm snow clothes and decided to take the ski lift tram to the summit. While we waited for the next tram we went for a walk around the resort slopes. It was a beautiful morning in the mountains. Very few clouds in the sky and the sun was shining making the snow sparkle! Once we got to the summit we walked around enjoying the view for 20 minutes and headed back down. It was a bit more chilly up there with the wind blowing. It's a good thing there is a warming hut on top. Daesha and I were in there pretty quick.
After the Tram we like to go to lunch at the Forklift restaurant. We sat at the same table we sat at last year. It's a good spot to sit and watch the tram go up and down the mountain. We had some delicious potato and bacon soup to warm us up. And then headed back home. That was the worst part! My ears could not take the pressure change and I was in alot of pain on the drive back down the mountain. But I survived and went straight to bed once we got home.

So here are the pictures I took over the weekend. I gave Ted the camera for the ward party as well as Halloween night to take pictures. He took 3. And here they are....





Ya. He is soooo fired. He tried to tell me that he was having so much fun that he didn't think about getting out the camera. That made me laugh even if he is so full of it!


I decided that I am just going to scrap the rest of the pictures... It's just easier to download the pages instead of every picture. So I will try and put those up later...

1 comment:

Bret Bushman Family said...

So...Ted is the hunter of these two cut animals, hum. They are really great costumes...sorry you had to miss it.