Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Day Sledding

This could easily be a new family tradition! We met up with some friends on New Year Day to go sledding. I have never been to this particular spot. It was by far the best sledding hill EVER!!!! We stayed there for 4 hours!!! It was at a golf course. The hill must have been the length of a football field and was as wide as a football field. The pictures dont show how big it really was. I was really scared to go down! Daesha had no fear at all! As soon as we got to our spot she jumped on her sled and she was off! She was halfway down before I realized she had taken off.
Keegan was abit more timid. He liked going down with Ted and I. Ted went halfway down the hill and let Keegan go by himself. He bailed by rolling off his sled as soon as he began picking up speed. It was pretty funny!
We had hot cocoa and donuts and headed home. We had such a great time!!!!!!!!!!!











Daesha and I going down the hill. WIPE OUT!!!!!! Somehow I forgot Daesha's gloves. So she wore mine and I wore Teds. We both had gloves that were too big for us. That's why I lost my glove on the sled. hahaha

This video shows how big this hill really is. And just how fast you can go!

4 comments:

Jeff and Kira said...

SO fun! I really want to go sledding now!

Heidi said...

I love your laugh Chandra! Such a good mom :)

Bret Bushman Family said...

That looks like a lot of fun...you will have to let me know where that is at:>

pendant lighting said...

Looks like so much fun!