Sunday, May 16, 2010

My 101 small pleasures

I am re-evaluating myself and the things I should be grateful for.
Even though I am a free spirited personality I am all about organization and lists. So here is a list... it's long. But I didn't want to miss anything. In no particular order...

MY SMALL PLEASURES
1. coloring (yes, grown-ups can do it, too)
2. crisp cotton sheets
3. soft skin
4. old family recipes
5. the first daffodils of spring
6. sleeping in with the one I love
7. a perfect cup of Stephens hot cocoa
8. a genuine compliment (giving or receiving)
9. the way babies smell
10. a handwritten letter
11. waking up in a good mood...for no real reason
12. singing and dancing in the car
13. finding a couple forgotten dollars in my pocket
14. doing something nice for my neighbor
15. a home cooked meal made by someone else other than me :-)
16. laughing
17. movie theater popcorn
18. playing hookey
19. a bubble bath
20. swimming
21. an afternoon nap
22. street musicians
23. painting toenails
24. saying thank you
25. helping someone in need
26. old fashioned photo booths
27. fresh whipped cream
28. inspiring blogs
29. rainy afternoons
30. funny things kids say
31. a novel I can get lost in
32. finding the perfect piece of clothing...on sale
33. clean laundry
34. the wind in my hair
35. treating the person behind me at the drive-thru
36. sharing an umbrella
37. the smell of lavender
38. a long walk
39. a bear hug
40. listening to U2
41. smiling at a stranger
42. butterflies
43. staying in my pj's all day
44. singing along to the radio and knowing all the words
45. fresh herbs
46. ordering in pizza
47. happy endings...even if they're fictional
48. flying a kite
49. puppies
50. root beer floats
51. holding open the door...
52. ...or having someone hold the door for me
53. diet Dr Pepper
54. smell after a short rainshower
55. sunshine
56. spending an afternoon at a museum
57. really great advice
58. green lights all the way home
59. the sound of rain hitting the windows
60. sitting in a swing
61. holding hands
62. a great hair day with no effort
63. building a fort with my kids
64. when someone falls asleep next to me or better, while I am holding them
65. the perfect taco
66. the smell of fresh-baked bread
67. cheesy, uplifting musicals
68. great stories
69. the cold side of the pillow
70. love letters
71. old friends...
72. ...new friends
73. a pull-through parking space
74. reading my kids a bedtime story
75. Girl Scout Cookies
76. flossing
78. kissing someone I love
79. the smell of onions and garlic cooking
80. stomping on fall leaves
81. old photographs
82. birds hopping on the sidewalk
83. a spoonful of peanut butter straight from the jar
84. xx-large soft pull-over hoodie
85. a new magazine in the mail
86. waving at road construction workers
87. having exact change
88. bacon and pancakes cooking on Saturday morning
89. childrens laughter
90. cheesy pick up lines
91. weekend campouts
92. campfires
93. sand between my toes
94. self checkout lanes
95. old people holding hands
96. painting
97. vanilla or berry lip gloss
98. vacuuming
99. full moon on a clear night
100. new hair cut
101. forgiveness

3 comments:

Bret Bushman Family said...

That is such a great list...it helps me remember and think about my small pleasures as well. I need to try and do that more. Thanks for sharing it :)

Jenifer said...

I LOVE your list. It made me smile as I read through them. Thank you for making me stop and think!

Kim said...

I loved that list. We are so much a like that it is scary. There are so many things on your list that I love as well. Good Job.