Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finding Our Groove

I don't know what has gotten into us but Ted and I have been spending lots of time in the mountains. O wait. This is pretty normal for us. I just forget how much we love it since this winter seemed much longer than usual. We are enjoying life. We are starting to find our groove and try hard to remind ourselves that the stresses of work and bills can hold off for just one day (or two) so that we can be a happy family. We took our house off the market. While things are going good with Ted working for Bragg. I will be working 4 days a week for MATC starting in August. Ted and I seem to work perfectly together when things get tough. Together we get things done. And together we are able to play alittle too.



A long hot day (98 degrees) working in this...




Calls for a drive up American Fork Canyon (65 degrees) to enjoy some of this...







The next day was Saturday the 3rd of July. We headed outdoors again only this time we stayed in the valley to watch Thanksgiving Points fireworks. Temperatures were in the low 60's!!! We were all in blankets and wintercoats! It was CrAZy! We were so cold! Utah weather is so tempermental. The firework show lasted a whole 10 minutes what a bummer!!! I swear I heard some boo's. But I was more than glad to get into our warm house and have some hot chocolate in July. I think that may have been the first time I have ever said that!



Monday was our families fourth of July celebration. We started out at 7:00 in the morning. With our fishing gear, awning, chairs, and packed lunches we drove up Payson Canyon to Big East Lake. It was a gorgeous morning, with magical mist on the lake. Birds singing a new days welcome. A mother duck with 9 little ducklings trailing behind her caused little ripples across the glass like surface of the lake. It was simply heaven. Ted caught 3 fish and released them back into the lake. When we arrived there wasn't but 10 people there. The kids enjoyed chasing gophers all around the picnic area and played in the Lake all day long. By 11 o'clock the lakes shores were full to its capacity. Ted's Mom and Dad were the first to arrive. Shortly after Pam, Judy, and Wades family came. We stayed and played in the lake until 5:00. Then we all met back at our house for food and fireworks. I could go into more detail. But it's nothing more than the best family fun only the Christiansen Family can have. With food to feed an army. And explosions, a skill that Ted has passed on to our nephews. Heaven help us!






Ted tied the fishing line to Daesha's "Torpedo Turtle" Keegan liked pulling her up and down the waters edge.




If you know me well you will know that I have a real fear of lakes and oceans. Espacially when it's deep and I can't see what is on the bottom. Daesha coaxed me in. I was in for only about 20 minutes. I nearly had a heart attack when I stepped on a piece of landscaping cloth. I am pretty sure everyone heard my screams who was within 800 miles.

Daesha still can't swim. This was a bit of a nervous moment. But the older cousins were close by watching.




No comments: