Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nudred...

This video is for all my lovely white mommies with black boys. I did this video with my laptop. Which my son liked because he could sit and watch me doing it. Maybe it would have been faster if I went in the same direction!!! At first I went 2 different directions. Duh! Once I had the rotation down, the size of my circles, and also applied the right pressure, it went much easier. For the most part it was pretty easy. Once I paused the video I stood up and that was much easier too. I am not sold on it yet. Infact as I downloaded this video and typed this post I looked over at my son and the twists are loose again. Very doubtful it will last the night. I will stick with it and twist every day for the next week. I will keep you all posted on what my opinion is of this easy way to start dreds.

Just a side note: If you decide to buy this, Don't tell your husbands how much you spent. You will for sure get the exact response I got....

YOU PAYED 40 BUCKS FOR A SPONGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing outloud. What a darling video. I think his hair looks great! Tell your husband $40 isn't anything...how much do we spend on braids?!? Thanks for sharing! JOdi

Kristen said...

I think his hair looks GREAT!!! I can't believe how grown up he is! He is the cutest little boy! You are a one lucky mom!!

Kristin said...

I'm interested to see how it works out over time. It looks great to start with. Thanks for sharing. And OUCH about the ankle!