Saturday, December 18, 2010

Wrapping It Up.....

This year is coming to an end and I can hardly believe we made it! We are still recovering from a surprise speed bump we hit last year. It slowed us down enough to appreciate the good things in life. The much needed time to re-evaluate one self was a real blessing for me. I still have much to learn and also much to actually put into action. But I am truely grateful to our family and friends who so selfishly gave of their time and so much more. I have been inspired to do more, to love more, and just be a better person. I thought I had to take more time out of my day to be a better person. But I have seen that it doesn't take any extra time at all.
Some recent things that have been going on at our home is that Ted got a new job at a IM Flash. Which manufactures microchip's of sorts. He works the graveyard shift from 6 pm- 6am. It completely stinks. The kids and I miss him most when we say our family prayer before bedtime and I have to give SLOW piggy back rides to their bedrooms. And I miss him when I hear bumps in the night and I have to go investigate myself. The other night I actually grabbed the shotgun and cocked it hoping my intruder would recognize the sound and run out the door. But since I didn't hear running footsteps and I was SURE that someone was in the house I yelled, "YOU TAKE ONE MORE STEP AND I WILL BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF!!!" Then I laughed and went to bed.
My foot surgury is scheduled for this Wednesday. I am not worried about getting help from neighbors and family while I recover. Ted will be working every night this week including Christmas EVE!!! But I am worried about missing Christmas this year. I hope I can cut back on the Lortab so I can be aware of my surroundings by Friday night. I am also a bit worried about having to do my hair while having my little helpers come make sure my kids are fed and clothed while I recover. So.. I went with Daesha to get braids in my hair!!! It was lots of fun. And It didn't even hurt at all!!! Daesha wasn't happy to hear that I didn't think it hurt. She kept preping me before hand by saying "it really does hurt".
The ladies that do Daesha's hair are black. I really like taking her to a black salon because obviously they know what they are doing, and I like that Daesha can have some contact with black women. I am completley entertained by the entire experience. I love stepping into their culture and listening to the stories and loud belly laughs. The ladies there call me the "Valley Girl" (strange that my Salt Lake ladies all call me that) I guess because they are well aware of the complete difference in lifestyle. It's funny to see ladies just come in the salon and hang out for hours and talk. No appointment needed. Just talking with the girls and laughing our butts off. At this particular visit I was intruduced to "Getto talk". I actually had to get out of the chair and practice the walk with the talk. Man I wish I had that on video!!!! I learned how to walk and say "WA SA HUSSN" which translate to "Whats up husband?" I told them that that entire sentence would not even be said in the valley. We would just say, "How was you day?" They thought that was pretty goofy. Now that I think about it, it is pretty goofy. From now on I am going to say WAS UP HUSSN. This seems a little more fitting for me.
After my hair was done they proclaimed me as "A HOT MIX". I was glad they didn't think I was a HOT MESS. All in all it was a great 3 hours spent in a salon chair. If my particular hair style was more accepted on a woman my age I would go more regularly just to have a great time with those beautiful black women.
So anyway, I had better wrap up this post and get my HUSSN out of bed....
wishing you all at this time of year to remember that life can be simple, that we can be happy with what the world sees as minimal. To me it's more than I can ever hope to have. Which is a Home, Family and Friends. Really it's ALL that should matter. May you all have a very happy holiday season and may love fill your homes at this time of year.

Daesha took this picture of me. I was only half way done. Daesha was completley done in 1 1/2 hours.

My hair is not this long.... it has extensions :)
Is this not the "facebook profile pic" or what!!?


Daesha trying out the "facebook profile picture"










1 comment:

Kerra 'n' Josh said...

I've missed your post! So fun to see what you have been up too... All that ghetto talk and all :) love ya good luck again with surgery...