Friday, June 10, 2011

Easter 2011

I realize that the dates are going to be all off if I don't do some serious journaling! so I apologize to all 8 of you who read my blog. This is the last post that will be considered old news. And plus I know that I will forget some details the longer I let this go. So here we are at Easter....

We did the usual and went to my sister in laws in Eagle Mountain on Saturday. We had a great lunch and Easter egg hunt. This year the older nephews who are too old to do any egg hunting went and hid the 100 eggs! Yes at least 100 eggs between 3 kids! Keegan got some help from his cousin Wyatt, while Daesha and Shamae ran around grabbing eggs like mad! I couldn't keep track of both kids on my video because they were running around so fast and in every direction. I was so glad that my sister in law put toys in some of her eggs instead of candy. Even still my kids came home with a grocery bag of candy!!! Thankfully my kids aren't huge candy eaters. They devour the candy for about 2 days and then they have had enough and won't even touch their candy for weeks. So when I finally threw it all in the garbage they didn't even ask about it.


















The night before Easter we colored a dozen eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide. Sunday morning The kids got up and found their baskets (with more candy) and also the dozen eggs that the bunny had hidden. Then we quickly got ready for church and let the kids have a handful of candy for breakfast. That should be sufficent for the 3 hours of church. We weren't the only neglectful parents. It was effident that many of the kids were on a sugar high. Church seemed much louder than usual and Keegan was especially more restless than usual. But we got through it, and ended up enjoying a nice Easter Sunday.










Keegan didn't want to walk on the rocks to get this egg. He is calling his cousin over to get it for him.










Wyatt held out Keegans bag while Keegan ran and picked up the eggs and then run back to put it in the bag.































Keegan was more than pleased with his pile of eggs!











Grandma Betty got the kids these really cute bug catchers. She put some edible grass and little bunny confetti in it. The kids thought it was pretty cool. She also put a windup butterfly toy in them. It was super cute!











Coloring eggs... can you believe not one cracked egg! They were both so careful.












Of course we have a Keegan moment with his funny faces.







































Ted made the ugly one. Mixed in all the colors.






























The kids' baskets came with these camo hats. I thought they looked pretty cute in them.










No comments: