Friday, June 10, 2011

Lagoon Day!

May 7th we took the kids to Lagoon. It was a huge dance competition and we went to see the Jacklin girls clog. I enjoyed watching the cloggers and I got the warm fuzzies remembering when I clogged. Anyway, it was Keegans 2nd time at Lagoon, but first time he could actually ride any of the rides. He was thrilled to go and very excited to go on the rides. He told us that he was not going on any fast rides. But he didn't really stick with that the entire day. We headed to the giant Farris Wheel first. Keegan liked that. And as we were getting out of the bucket Keegan wanted to jump down. But before he could my nephew Randy helped him out. Keegan threw the biggest fit EVER! He has lungs. His screams pierce the inner most part of your ear. seriously. He screamed and yelled and yelled some more. He was pretty pissed off the whole morning from that little episode. But once he got over that he enjoyed the entire day.
I get motion sickness pretty bad. Usually I call in a prescription for the "patches" you put behind your ear, but my Dr. was out of town all week. So I went and bought some over the counter pills. Shortly after this first ride I found that the pills don't work at all! I thought I was going to die before this ride ended. Keegan loved it though. After this ride Keegan bent over and picked up a leaf. He told me that it would make him brave on the rides because it has the Force.







This was a little mini Tital Wave for kids. Neither one of my kids thought it was a great ride... Keegan still held his little leaf the entire ride.





We were still getting Keegan over his emotional episode from the Ferris Wheel. No expression at all on this ride. The ride was still going and both kids were very bored. I guess it's time to step it up and head over to the bigger rides.... Keegan still has his leaf.







Keegan did not like the big Tital Wave ride! When his end of the ship was up high and his body began to lift off the seat he'd get this look of absolute terror. He never cried or screamed. But once he got off and walked over to were I was sitting he told me he hated that ride. I asked if he still had his leaf. It was a little wrinkled but he still had it!






Rattlesnake Rapids was a lot of fun! Keegan did not want to get wet, but notice the tight hold Keegan has of his Dads leg. And because he still had his leaf he was happy. He dropped it on the ground a couple times as we were walking from ride to ride. We had to stop and weave traffic to retrieve the leaf. This leaf was beginning to be a pain.













I was so scared for Daesha and Keegan to go on this Chinese Dragon ride alone. It went VERY fast and went around in a circle. Keegan couldn't sit up straight and I thought for sure he was freaking out. But when he got off he was laughing! He said, "I was leaning on Daesha and I couldn't sit up!"






Even after all that centrifugal force Keegan still had his leaf!
Only now it was limp and had a hole in it.








Ok. Humor me on this little picture story. I told this little story to the kids as we went through these next pictures. The kids laughed at my Keegan voice and my made up narrations.









Keegans inner thoughts. "Why is my Dad taking my pictures again?
I'm not even doing anything fun?"











Now more verbal... "Hey Dad! Why are you taking my picture!!?"











"I think you better get that camera out of my face, or else"

















"You're not so tough! I can take you out man!"












"I will even let you take the first hit, then it's over for you Bub"





















"O sorry, you don't wanna fight? OK. we can be friends again."





THE END.














Keegan wanted to take a picture by the height ruler. I asked him to act sad because he isn't tall enough to ride. He wasn't really sad. This was a fast one :)














So now here is Daesha's experience about Lagoon. If you were to ask her if she had fun she would say, "YES! WICKED WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!"






She was tall enough to ride every single ride. The first one she rode was the Jetstar with me and Randy. It's a rollercoaster that reminds me of Space Mountain at Disneyland. Daesha was all smiles and giddy the entire day. She loves big thrills! Upside down rides didn't even faze her. Even the most scary ride Wicked was Daesha's favorite. She rode it 4 times!!! But I thought that she was going to back out the moment we got to the front of the line. We were standing right at the gate as the next car pulled up. A kid about 14 years old got a bloody nose from the ride. His face was covered in blood. Daesha gasp! "What happened to him?" We told her that this ride is the fastest at the park, and that maybe he gets bloody noses easily." We had to sit and watch the workers disinfect the ride and let it run through without anyone in it ( Im guessing to dry it off) Then as it pulled up again we climbed in. I looked at Daesha and she was fighting back the tears. I asked her if she wanted to get off and she just shook her head. As soon as the ride began moving she let out sobs. I gave her some quick comfort because the ride shoots off in seconds. The ride can be considered extreme due to the fact that the ride is launched, pulling 4.885 g's and shoots straight up and then instantly goes straight down. Daesha cried during the entire launch and on the way up. But as soon as we reached the zero gravity way down she started to laugh and scream. I love the barrel roll and I loved hearing Daesha laugh and squeal. It was so much fun. The cutest thing was when the ride was over and the car rolled to a stop. Everyone waiting in line is above us. They had seen us take off with Daesha balling. Now she was laughing with tear streaks still evident on her face. The entire crowd started to clap and cheer for her. So she raised her arms and cheered. O My Heck! It was so funny!!!!!

I asked her if she closed her eyes. At this point the adrenaline was still pumping through her body so she yelled back, "I COULDN'T! MY EYES WERE WIDE OPEN THE ENTIRE TIME!!!"

















Daesha kept us all entertained. But my favorite quote of the day was from Daesha.





"My stomach was up in my eyeballs!!"














I love the following picture!!! We went through a huge waterfall. Daesha and I got up and went to the other side of the boat so we wouldn't get wet. It worked, but poor Randy got drenched!!






Daesha was very happy she didn't get wet in the waterfall! But right after I took this picture we fell into a huge swell and we all got wet.






I love how everyone walks funny when they get off this ride. Daesha was not happy that she got so wet.






Keegans funny walk. And look! He still has the leaf!












Randy, Ted, and Daesha. On the Samerai.


















Then at the end of the day my nephew Randy and I went on the Skycoaster. I had done this ride once before Ted and I went on it with my friend Kim before we were even married. It was Randy's first time. It's alot of fun. Randy and I were laughing the whole time. Even before we started going up. There is a moment that you are standing on a platform and they tell you to lean forward and the platform drops from under you and your whipped down in the superman position. It starttled me and I screamed even though we were only a foot off the ground. Then once we were ready to pull the rip cord I involuntarily started screaming. I should have thought of swollwing first because Randy got a nice string of slobber accross his arm. As I wiped the remainder from my own cheek I said I slobbered all over myself. Thats when I learned the remainder had landed on him. I felt so bad but couldn't stop laughing!!!! Especially when he said he thought it was raining!!!





(Randy was acting scared)







No comments: