Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to Being a Lehi Lion

Daesha started school this week. Second grade! On Monday we got to meet her teacher Mrs. Julia Reid. When we walked into her classroom we were greeted by her teacher. Daesha sat and had a little conversation with her teacher. Poor teacher must wonder why Daesha was doing all the questions. They were nothing about the class or school. She wanted to know all about her teacher. She said, "I see you have lots of frogs on the walls. Do you like frogs?" "Do you have Kids? How old are they? Do you have any pets? I finally decided to distract her from the interrogation and we went to look for her desk. Daesha's desk is in the front row. She told me that she was going to be the best student in the class. And she thought her teacher was going to be great! She is always eager to please.

The next morning Daesha was up before her alarm went off because she was so excited. Since Ted is still layed up in bed so he got to see her off. I got Lizzy on her leash and Keegan and I walked Daesha to her bus stop on the corner of our street. I made her kiss me and hug me and I even yelled I Love You as she was stepping on the bus. I don't care if my kids hate it. I will always hug and kiss them and yell I Love You!
Her first day went pretty good except she called me around 1:00 to bring her some different shoes. She loves those purple suede shoes but new shoes are a pain to break in. Especially since she wasn't wearing socks.


This spot has become the first day photo shoot since her Kindergarten picture was taken in this spot. Right now she is going through a purple phase, because Justin Beiber's favorite color is purple. And Daesha has a bit of Beiber fever. She wanted to wear a purple shirt too But it was just too much purple :) When Keegan was getting dressed he grabbed red shorts and a red shirt. He asked me if he could wear too much red.

No comments: