Thursday, August 25, 2011

Quickly Becoming An Addiction

I have seen many people getting cute ideas, crafts, and creative food ideas off a web page called Pinterest. I know I'm a bit behind on this but, I finally joined and I haven't stopped surfing for 2 days! Believe me when I say YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!!

My sister-in-law Debbi has been telling me about it for months. She is here in Utah visiting and she knows how to get me to check something out that she knows I will love. All she did was get a few supplies and then she came over and we had the first DIY project done in 2 minutes.



Major plus factor: It cost 4 bucks to make! All you have to get for this cute project is a picture frame, Some cute paper, sticker or vinyl letters, and a dry erase marker. (I got lucky and bought sticker letters that had cute paper in the package so I didn't have to buy any paper) Next you stick your letters on the glass put your paper behind the glass and VUALA! A message board the whole family can enjoy. The first day I put a message for Daesha. Then she put one on for me, then Ted put one for me. I have it sitting on the kitchen counter were we all go several times a day. It has been lots of fun!


But we didn't stop there. She also got the supplies to make the cutest candy bowl you have ever seen! It's made from a fish bowl, and a terracotta pot flipped upside down. Total cost.. 5 dollars!


If you click here... Gumball machine
you will get step by step instructions on how to make it. I plan on making 2 more (different sizes) to display together with different choices of candy. Thanks Debbi for doing these project with me. I love them. And I loved spending time with you while we did them. Now all I have to do is get you to stay in Utah FOREVER so I have you to do fun stuff like this with :)

No comments: