Friday, December 23, 2011

Last week with Thor

Seriously I am just as sad as my kids to see our elf Thor go back to the North Pole tomorrow. Our entire family has had so much fun with him at our house.
Here it was a week before Christmas and we still don't have so much as a drift of snow on the ground. We all have been hoping for snow and thanks to our elf he made it snow in our kitchen. Thor cut 2o snowflakes and hung them from the ceiling with fishing line. Daesha was eager to cut her own and added to the wintry wonderland. She did 4 more.


Thor taking a nice time to relax and read a book....
Thor and "dancing Santa" giving hugs....
Familiar scene to our hunting family....
Didn't take long to see the not so camouflage red elf hat. I thought it was funny that he was so heavily armed for such a tiny deer...... I mean elk.
Today Thor helped out by feeding our dog Lizzy. I think he had a bit too much fun driving the Cat back and forth. He got the bowl a little too full....
Lizzy did not like that her food was on the floor. Every time "Thor" spilled a little around the bowl Lizzy would eat it up.

Nice trail of spills all along the way from the pantry to the dog bowl.
The next morning Keegan woke me up early very worried. He could not find Thor anywhere!!! So we all got up and began to search the house together. Once we got down stairs to the kitchen we found a note from Thor. It read.

Dear Daesha and Keegan, I decided to have fun with you today and see if you can find me. I am hiding very well. You won't be able to find me unless you use the clues I wrote on little white pieces of paper. Find all the clues in order and you will find me! Love, Thor

Here is your first clue....
I'm sticky and sweet, and shaped like a hook, on Christmas tree branches is where you must look.

(ANSWER: A Candy Cane)

Before the kids started their search for Thor I got out the video camera and recorded Daesha reading the clues all by herself. The kids loved the game and I couldn't have enjoyed myself more. I got some great video footage of Keegan acting silly and Daesha demanding seriousness from everyone so we could find Thor quickly.


On Christmas Eve as Santa flies by, you might see my antlers if you look to the sky.

(ANSWER: A ReinDEER :)

I keep your toes toasty on a cold winters night, or it can be stuffed full of goodies that bring children delight.

(ANSWER: A Stocking)
They often are silver, on a belt or a sleigh, when they get shaken, it's music they play.

(ANSWER: A Bell)
With a corn-cob pipe. He's cool and he's fun, made from frosty white balls stacked onto one.

(ANSWER: A Snowman)

The inn was too full, and with nowhere to stay, find the place where baby Jesus lay down in the hay.

(ANSWER: A Manger)

He comes from the north with a sack full of toys, and leaves gifts at the homes of good girls and boys.

(ANSWER: Santa Claus)
I can be made when you lay in the snow, move your arms up and down and my wings will soon show.

(ANSWER: An Angel)

Look were Santa sits to go dashing thru the snow, join him on his magic journey, hop in-it's time to go!

(Answer: A Sleigh.) closest thing we had to a sleigh... :S

Made of sugar & spice, find this guy with quick feet, who hopped right off of the cookie sheet.

(ANSWER: gingerbread man.)

The kids went straight to their ginger bread houses were there were gingerbread men. But no clue or Thor... I had to remind them that there were other gingerbread men in the house. They remembered that their Dad had made some a few days ago. And there Thor was eating the rest of the cookies!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I LOOVE your ideas! I wish I were half as creative with ours!Haha!
sorry I didn't talk on sype the other night, the kids had a lot of fun and were so excited to talk to you. Avery is still mad at us for not taking her to your house! haha!

Your library looks really good, I forgot to tell you, I can't wait to see it in person. You should blog some pictures of it.

Ps - where did you get your stockings? I love them!