Friday, May 4, 2012

LiZzY LU


The first week we lived at the inlaws was really hard on us. Especially Daesha and I. Our dog Lizzy now has to be an outside dog. We couldn't expect our new landlords to allow our dog in the house when they have always had a strict no pets in the house policy. 
Lizzy did pretty well. She has developed a wolf-like howl but luckily she has not barked at all. Daesha and I would go outside every morning and night to play with her and hold her. One night I couldn't find Daesha to get ready for bed. Ted said that she was outside with Lizzy and when I looked she wasn't there. But I took a second look and I could see Daesha's feet sticking out of the doghouse!!! She was laying inside with Lizzy reading a book!!!!
Now that we have all adjusted we are all doing better. We still get her out every day. She has a tiny 2 foot fence around the opening of her new dog house. She hops along it every time someone comes near. Her tiny little hops are so cute with her little ears flopping up and down.
I'm trying not to think too much ahead but if we are still here come winter we may have to find a home for Lizzy. I can't handle the thought of her being out in the snow. Just don't mention this to Daesha. She has already brought the subject up herself. It's not an easy thing to talk about for either one of us.

1 comment:

Jeff and Kira said...

I'm sure that is really hard to have your cute puppy stay outside. It's so sweet how much you both love her though.