Thursday, May 3, 2012

In 3 Words I Can Sum Up Everything...

Sorry Mr. Frost It's going to take me more than just three words to sum up life or to sum up the last month.
Shortly after Daesha's baptism we moved from our home in Lehi to our in-laws in Lehi. I am so glad that they are willing to let use stay here until we find our next place. There are a few things that we need to get  in order. First thing was getting Ted's back situation under control. Because we don't have medical insurance we were not able to do any further treatments. But with the sale of our house we have a bit to work with now. On April 19 Ted had something called an EMG (Electromyography) test. A simple electric pulse that reads the condition of sensory nerves. The purpose for Teds situation was to see if he had severe damage to any nerves. If he did then we would probably need to consider immediate surgery. Luckily the results were good and surgery wasn't going to be an option at this time. So the very next day Ted went in for his 5th spinal injection. Amazingly this one worked!!! Ted is feeling some relief. The Dr's told Ted that he will get one more injection and should start a daily therapy routine (which I have yet to see). Anyway, now that we have started this process of getting Ted back up and at em' hopefully we can move on and find decent employment. Once that is established we can get a place of our own.
I have many faults but I would have to say that my worst fault or biggest weakness is PATIENCE. I have about as much as a 2 year old. I want it my way and I want it NOW. I am really not a brat. Spoiled... maybe. I just now what I want. I rarely settle for less than that.
No matter how hard I try I cannot possess such an honorable trait. Sure these last couple of years I have shown myself I can have patience, much more than I realized I could have. But in the back of my mind I am constantly stating to myself. This is temporary. A day will come when I can be happy and prosper in this life. Is that possible? I believe it is. Because my idea of prospering is having enough money to allow my kids to experience life and learn about the world we live in, while also having enough to help others.
So, because we have what seems like an endless list of things we must accomplish first we may be here for a several months.

I had better catch up on other things I have neglected to blog about in the last month.


EASTER is always very enjoyable with family. Right up until Keegan went on a dead run for some easter eggs and did a very graceful summersault. Of course he screamed (in humiliation- we wasn't hurt). Some family members haven't been around Keegan enough to know that you never go to Keegan when he is hurt or mad. Trying to comfort him only makes him run in the opposite direction and his screams get louder and more intense. Seriously this guy has an intense scream.
Pam was the one who ran to the rescue when nobody else did. Even with his parents warning she went to him. Of course Keegan makes his parents look heartless and lets Pam give him a little reasurrance for a few minutes and before we knew it he was back on the hunt.





At this point Keegan was giving me the silent treatment. Because while everyone chuckled at his acrobatic stumble, his mothers laugh was the only one he heard. Notice the grass still stuck to his head from his fall.






Daesha HATES hardboiled eggs. So I gave her the "egg challenge" I challenged her to take a bite all the way to the yoke and swallow it. She did not complete the challenge.

1 comment:

Jeff and Kira said...

So nice to have an update about one of my favorite families! I'm glad there was some good news about Ted's back! Sounds like that has been no fun at all! And that video of Daesha is hilarious! haha! I didn't like hard boiled eggs when I was a kid either, so I understand.