Sunday, October 21, 2007

Witches Night Out





This weekend was Witches Night Out. Last Year a friend invited me and Daesha to go with her and some of her friends. We had so much fun last year I was asking when we were going way back in August. Its a Mother and Daughter night and we all get dressed up as witches and go to dinner at the Spagetti Factory. Daesha is wearing the same costume my Mom made for me when I was 4 years old. This year the manager at the restaurant came to our table. He must have been in his mid 60's. Somebody's cute Grandpa. He was so cute with our girls; telling Halloween jokes and commenting them on their fun costumes and listening to their witch cackles. After we were done eating the kids got a bit restless and were wondering around the tables and looking out the windows (we had our own room so we weren't disturbing other customers)The manager walked in and my heart jumped alittle. I thought he might ask for them to settle down. Instead he tapped each one on the head saying, "duck,duck" and the last one GOOSE! He then started running around the tables the girls laughed and giggled but never chased him. After dinner we went to Gardner Village. For those who haven't heard of this place it is only the cutest shopping village in the entire world! A must see when in Utah and if you love shopping. It's old pioneer homes that are used as stores and candy shops. At Halloween time they put out witch displays and have a stage and dance floor with lively music. Everyone who goes on this special night dresses up as witches. So the whole place is crawling with witches of every size and color. I love going to see all the fun costumes. We had a great time! When we got home Daesha slept in my bed with me(Ted is hunting for the weekend)Just as I was on the verge of sleep Daesha whispered, "Mom, I had so much fun with you tonight".
I LOVE BEING A MOM!!!
If you want to see more on the village...click GARDNER VILLAGE

3 comments:

Debbi said...

I love Gardner Village. I love that Daesha wore the same costume you had - that is cool! I wish I could have been there, but I guess I wouldn't have been invited with my boys;) Funny that he played duck duck goose!

Kim said...

It sounds like you had so much fun. Next year I will have a little girl too. Maybe I could join you. Those pictures are so cute, but where are all the moms?

The Perry Family said...

yes, i did see her pass out, that was crazy. i was cooking and my husband said hey come here and rewinded it (we have dvr) and when she collapsed, i said oh, she was playing and he no she wasn't and we watched it over and over. we are bad. haha