Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gooday from Ted

Incase anyone wants to know how Ted is doing.. here is an email he sent me yesterday.

I slept well crashed about 5pm woke up at 7:30 ate,went back to sleep until 7:30am. I didn't do much yesterday walked through all the shops they remind me of jobbers odd lot. not much there. I will see if I can get downtown one of these nights and see the sites. It's raining and windy here about 25mph and cold 45. So it's not the time of year to vacation here.
OK a few stories on one of my plane transfers we had to take a bus ride from one terminal to the other. The bus driver for some reason couldn't see the 737. The bus was packed standing room only. The driver locked up the brakes and everyone standing was slung forward like rag dolls. I put my arms out to try and save this asian girl from getting squished by the stack of old blotes behind her with not much luck. She was berried under a sea of geriatrics.
I thought pizza would be safe to eat so I went to a restaurant and got "take away" (not "to go" -I got corrected) anyhow. I went back to my room to eat it. I was eating in the dark while enjoying some telli. I took a slice and started eating it. as I bit into it, the pizza was very good then a salty and a chewy substance was in my mouth. I was thinking that was weird. But I continued on. (I was very hungry) I bit into a second and a third bite the taste was so different I had to investigate so I turned the lights on and examined my weird quizen. I picked off a piece of the mystery meat and examined it, I found hairs protruding from the substance!! I found out later that it was anchovies. I was thinking kangaroo, or something that was not slaughtered well. But it was not bad in the end.
I was up at 3:00am couldn't sleep. So I watched golf, ordered breakfast and had some king size bacon and a side of ham dripping with fat.

3 comments:

Debbi said...

OH my gosh, Ted cannot post anymore if his stories about food are going to make me want to throw up! GROSSS! I can't believe that. I hope your trip gets better and that you find some better food!

Debbi said...

Oh, and now that Ted is posting, maybe he can convince his baby brother to learn to do it too....

The Perry Family said...

that email is hilarious!! I LOVE me some Australia and can't wait to go there one day. It is winter down there though. Cold!!!!