Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More news from Ted downunder

Yesterday we were all in a meeting and the guy leading the meeting got up and said with a straight face, "We will have tea and lunch and then afternoon tea with nibblies." I had a hard time containing myself. Nibblies is such a tough word for a driller. Then the day gets better the next presenter got up and his screen saver had a photo of him with this big grin and a koala bear snuggled up to his face,(ahh how cute) The funny thing is that they looked like father and son....

Last night we went out for a company sponsored meal We went to some stake restaurant we get our order and then oyster show up, calamari, bread, salad two types of potato wedges and then 350g of stake 1.5 pounds of meat. And that was the small one. I got photos I will show you.
During dinner the waitress grabbed the oysters and dumped the plate down my back. Oyster shower! So I smelled like BBQ oyster the rest of the night. She apologized several times, "Sorry mate are you OK?" Like it was some heavy object that fell on me. I kept restating that it was OK 5 or six times before she let it go. I joked it off telling my fellow chaps that for afternoon tea I was going to wear the same clothes during our nibbblie session.
They dont believe in soda here. It's very hard to get at local places. And worse you pay $4.50 per glass.

Oh by the way the water in the sink does go down counter clock wise!!!

No comments: