Sunday, August 24, 2008

Farewell...



Before anyone worries. Everyone is fine. But my little fast car is not. Ted was driving home from work on I-15 and a SUV decided to change lanes right in front of Ted. There wasn't quite enough room and Ted hit the SUV's rear tire going somewhere between 65 and 70 mph. Both vehicles were shot out and Ted went off the road. The other vehicle hit another car. The passenger of that vehicle was taken in an ambulance. Ted got a ticket for unsafe lane travel. When Ted called me to come pick him up he had no idea the car was coming over. Ted got a lot of bumps, the worse being his head where he hit the top of the door frame. And he also ripped off the lid to the middle consile. (sp) The airbags never deployed. I am just so glad he always wears his seatbelt and is ok. It could have been much worse. So as of right now the Jetta is at the car hospital and it's not looking so good. I am sure we get some compensation from the insurance if we loose the car. But dang it! We wont get much. It was paid off!

10 comments:

Debbi said...

OH, I'm glad that everyone is ok - and that sucks! I'll have to tell Wade to call him!

The hunt looks like fun too - I can't wait to watch the video -

Anonymous said...

SAAAD! Thankfully Ted is okay.

Bret Bushman Family said...

Wow, that is so scary, I am glad Ted is ok, so how come Ted got blamed for the accident?. And have you been having fun with the digiscrap site? cute camping pictures. Sorry about your car.

SWillmoreFamily said...

Wow, that looks bad. Glad to hear Ted is ok. Sorry for the lose of your car.

By the way its totally fine if you befriend me as a blogger.

Kim said...

Your poor cute car, but I'm glad Ted is fine.

The Perry Family said...

oh my! glad to hear everyone is ok...i will pray for the jetta! :)

nad'a said...

R.I.P. Jetta.
Glad Ted's okay. I always knew he had it out for that car (it was too girly and small). Hopefully you'll get enough to get another cute car :)

MakingChanges said...

Okay, did the other driver get a ticket? Why did Ted get a ticket? That sucks, not his fault! I am so glad he is okay, though.

Mindi B said...

So isn't it amazing that HE gets a ticket for unsafe lane driving - I will never quite understand that law. The same thing happened to us 2 days before I gave birth to our 3rd kid and I swerved to miss the car that cut me off and hit the cement barrier (the officer told me that he needed to issue me a ticket for unsafe lane driving, but took pitty on me because I was bulging and on my way to my last prenatal appointment). I am glad Ted is okay. Scary. Sorry about the car!

Kerra 'n' Josh said...

SHOOT DANG!! Is ted trying to catch up with all my accidents?!? JK I'm sorry that happened it's no fun... Thanks for the sweet bow hunt! Ted don't hide behind the curtain ever again!!! :) Love ya