Thursday, September 4, 2008

California Dreamin'

Last week we went to San Diego for my nieces wedding. And I am already missing the warm nights. My nieces wedding day was beautiful and the reception was so much fun. We had a great time. I was really excited to go to the San Diego Temple. It was really a neat temple.








Bride and groom and their parents




Keegan sleeping



My two nieces

me and my brothers and sister










While we were in California we went to Huntington Beach and had lunch with the wedding party family at Ruby's on the pier. Keegan and Daesha LOVED the beach! Keegan just ran all over. Ted followed him all over and saved him when he got too far into the water. Once he wasn't fast enough and Keegan fell right into a wave! Daesha found a couple shells and some empty oyster shells. She decided to add to someones sand art and put a clam shell right in the middle of a mermaids breasts. Then she went over and destroyed one boob. The day after the wedding we went to Sea World. It was fun, but so hot and humid. Daesha loved the Shamu shows and she also really liked the Atlantis roller coaster/log ride that Ted and Daesha got to ride. Daesha was so excited to go on it again so I got back in line with her. Right as we sat down on the ride it broke down. So I didn't get a chance to ride it. I was really bumbed about that. Keegan loved to watch the people scream and splash at the end of the ride. It was funny, as soon as he would see the people at the top of the ride he would start to scream with them. Daesha got to feed the dolphins and we got to pet them too. That was fun. The last Shamu show was at night. Daesha and Keegan both feel asleep and Daesha lost one of her flip flops while Ted was carrying her to the stroller. (She just got them before we left to California--she was so dang excited with her new flip flops. We went back and checked the lost and found but had no luck)
The next 2 days we spent at Disneyland. I thought by the 2nd day the kids would be beyond tired, But they loved every second. Daesha cried both nights when we had to leave. We stayed ALL DAY both days. Daesha was able to ride every ride except Indiana Jones and It's a Small World - it was closed for remodeling. Daesha got to pick something special from Disneyland. It was hard. Everything she saw she wanted. But she finally decided on a minnie mouse baby. Keegan got Pluto. Daesha says her favorite ride was Space Mountain. Her least favorite was Splash Mountain because she and I were in the very back and we got soaked!! Every ride that took our pictures was funny because you could barely see Daesha on any of them. Keegan loved the entire week he only napped in the car, he was completely entertained by everything going on. And it's true, Disneyland is a lot more fun with kids!!
Once we got home Daesha saw her lone flip flop in the garbage. I told her that we had forgot one in California. Her only response. Which broke my heart and cracked me up. "Mother! How could you!!" I explained that it was an accident but she was still really sad. So the next day we went and bought her the exact same pair of flip flops. I know I am weak.

DRUMROLL PLEASE.... digital pages of our trip. Hurray!! (If you click on the page it will magnify so that you can view the photos better.)











The shoes that caused the only trouble we faced all week...

12 comments:

Debbi said...

yeah, so pretty much can't talk to you ever again, because you already have these pages done. Even with all my digital stuff I've bought I still can't do it. I keep thinking that I'll get out my real stuff and do it every night and then I'm so exhausted I fall asleep on the couch at 8:30. Totally jealous you are caught up and did those!

I love the trip, it sounds like so much fun and those temple pictures are great, your niece looks really pretty!...glad ted made it:)

Kent and Julie said...

ok so i love the digital scrapbooking! What program do you use??? Is it expensive? - good job so cute!

Kent and Julie said...

sorry also what size do you do? (12 x 12?)and do you print at costco? how much does that cost? sorry with all the ??? I want to get into that so i am checking everything out but I LOVE what you did - i think i am sold!

The Perry Family said...

those are great pictures and layouts!! i wish i knew how to do the whole digital thing. i'm so jealous!! i have always wanted to go to disney world (we are closer to florida, of course) and never have been able to, though i have been to sea world (loved it) and busch gardens. can't wait to take the kids there in a few years! :) your neice was beautiful! i love lds temples, they are the most beautiful churches of all! :)

nad'a said...

I'm totally jealous. I want to go back to Disneyland! And the beach. Instead I was stuck in school :( Glad you guys had fun though.

Kim said...

Welcome back!!! Looks like you had a great time. I loved the temple pictures. Disneyland looks like a blast. One day my kids will be fortunate enough to go their.

Mindi B said...

Okay, so I am LOVING the digital scrapbooking! I didn't even know that existed. How do you do it?! Looks like you had a ton of fun! We love San Diego!!

Kent and Julie said...

yes i want to go let me know the details - thanks julie

Bret Bushman Family said...

I am glad you had such a fun trip, I love the pages you did, they turned out really cute, it is so addicting isn't it, come over this week sometime and get all my stuff, Ali's sister came over tonight to get it, so we a least now how, but it will be easier if you have a hard drive, if not just bring lots of disks, becaus I have tons..... no kidding.

Anonymous said...

WOW - you certainly made a lot of memories for one trip! Looks like you had a lot of fun at Disneyland. That girl TOTALLY looks like Jasmine...

Kristin said...

Totally impressed with the pages, and I'm loving Daesha's hair. It has been forever since I saw you last. Glad you're all still alive!

Kimberly Wright said...

so is this digital scrapbooking or how did you do the cute collages?? You will have to show me sometime. It looks so adorable!