Monday, March 30, 2009

Like a rollercoaster..

I keep going back to last year and how boring it was. Would I take it back?
Believe it or not I wouldn't. I love the talk given by Joseph B. Wirthlin. Titled, Come What May, and Love It. You can read that in it's entirety here


The main point he makes in this address is. "The way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life".



I truely believe this to be true and I welcome hardships in my life that only make me stronger and ultimately my life is better. My previous 2 post's were about laughing. I hadn't put the connection to this talk until recently when I was reminded at how exact our lifes were following the pattern. I am by no means perfect and I definately have days that I don't feel like laughing. But I can say through experience that this "guide" to get through tough times works. This talk is so comforting and I think it is also very motivational.


So with this said, this year is off to a rip roaring start. We have had some big uphill battles and some real exciting loopty loo's. It's been a great ride so far. I don't need surgury. After going to see a surgeon about my "hernia", he said he could see and feel a bulge but wasn't 100% sure if it was a hurnia or a torn muscle. So we will give it some more time and see if it gets better.


We have a renter for our house in Saratoga! They will be there for 1 year.
Last Monday we put our other apartment on the internet and had the phone ringing within minutes of pressing ENTER. Everyone that came to look at it really loved it. We had 6 great people to choose from. But in the end we picked a really nice (and hopefully dependable) young couple. Ted and his Dad worked super hard to have the apartment ready in just 1 month. Super Impressive! Ted's Dad is so awesome. He was at our house everyday to help Ted. Once the apartment was done Ted started on the yard. And wouldn't you know it.. Ted's Dad was there to help.


So in a not so quick fashion. Here is a photo journal of what we have been up to this month.
Ted and his Dad pulling the new shower through the upstairs apartment window.

Ted and his Dad tilling and getting all the weeds out of the yard. Thank You Kent. We Love You!!!!!

Ted roasting hotdogs for lunch with the kids in our front yard over the tumble weed fire!


Daesha and Keegan enjoying their hot dogs.

Just walking away... So cute.


This couldn't have been taken any better!!! Our dog Molly taking Keegan's hotdog. HAHA

A Day At the ZOO.






This picture Ted is bouncing the see-saw, sending Daesha airborn!


5 comments:

The Perry Family said...

glad to hear things are on the upswing!!! thinking about ya!!

Jeff and Kira said...

You guys are such a great example of how to live a happy life no matter what! Thanks for that. I appreciate it :)

Kristin said...

Okay, so I am totally laughing about roasting hotdogs over the tumbleweeds, in the front yard. It doesn't get any more "Poor, white, trash than that." And it's totally something we would be doing. You guys Rock!!

Bret Bushman Family said...

Sounds like things are working out for you I am so glad, thanks for the reminder that we are here to learn and grow through our trails

Anonymous said...

way to keep things in perspective. it was a really great general conference weekend - they spoke a lot about hardships and president monson said that our future is as bright as our faith. so inspiring.