Monday, April 6, 2009

First Personal Touch

I promised Ted that I would not start to decorate or paint the inside of our house until the yard is in this summer. It's killing me!! But I had to do one small thing that drove me crazy. Some might say this is a silly thing to blog. And even a silly thing to want to fix. But I am pleased with the result of the first "improvement" on the inside of the house.


Upstairs there is a laundry shoot that was stuck right on the wall. It was painted the same color as the wall. And for some reason it really bothered me. It was just there.


So what I did was I had another door made of MDF. Painted both doors black and then nailed a piece of sheet metal to the front. Then I put vinyl words on each one (thanks Julie). For a final touch I screwed the steel decorative scrolls to the top and tied black polkadot ribbon. The top one hangs on the wall just like you would hang a picture. And the bottom one is the laundry shoot.




5 comments:

Melanie said...

Where do you come up with awesome ideas like that? I can't make my mind think like that! It looks beautiful!

The Perry Family said...

that is sooooo cool!!!!! i like those to just hang up in my house!! great idea!

Jeff and Kira said...

Wow talk about creative!! Those are SO cute!

MakingChanges said...

OMGosh, those are SO cute! I had no idea. Ummm, if you are having a total craving for decorating you are MORE THAN WELCOME to come to my abode and decorate. I just don't have the creative eye and I need help!

Stephanie said...

WHAT??? That is such a great idea and it turned out so cute. You should really be proud of yourself. I LOVE IT!!!