Monday, June 22, 2009

Wonderful News

We are officially announcing the "possible" addition to our family. Keegan's birthmom, Jasmine is expecting. We were aware of this news about a month ago. And it was hard not to hope she would be calling us. A week ago we got a phone call from the agency telling us that she wishes us to adopt this baby too. Of course we said Yes! As I talked on the phone I learned that Jasmine had already flown to Utah. And had her Dr. appointment. She is having a healthy BOY and the big shocker was she was getting enduced on July 24th!!!! Just weeks away!!! Reality is our babies cost us a lot of money, our current situation may prevent us from adding this child to our family on such short notice.
With Ted layed off for 3 months and we dont have insurance kicking in until late August, I was really worried. Luckily I have some wonderful friends who gave me some creative and legal ways to get the money. :-)
With approval from our Bishop we made this announcement at church.
On Saturday, July 11th we will be having a benefit yard sale. (LOCATION TBA)
If you are thinking of dejunking your home please bring your things to our house.
After church I was so excited with the response of our neighbors! I had several people come and tell me that they were bringing things and were even willing to help at the yard sale and help price items and on and on. Ted had several come to him too. I was so relieved that people were willing to help and didn't think we were weird for asking for the help.
We are very hopeful that we will get the chance to adopt this child and truly appreciate any help in this endeavor.

4 comments:

MakingChanges said...

That is so exciting! How wonderful for your family. I have clothes that I am getting rid of, a drafting table and some other things if you are able to pick them up. I don't have a truck for the table and it won't fit in my van. I also have alot of craft items (unfinished) that would probably sell. Let me know.

Jennifer Bracken said...

That is great that the birth mother thought of you! Another boy would be so fun for you guys! I hope everything turns out!

Jeff and Kira said...

How exciting! A new baby! I wish Jeff and I had anything worth while lying around to contribute, but we haven't accumulated too much extra stuff yet. If you have any other way for me to help though, I'd be more than happy to! :) 713-392-7174 (not sure if you have my new cell number. Call if you need anything! Seriously.)

Connie said...

I hope everything works out for you guys in your efforts to adopt this little baby. I have been spreading the word to my family and friends to try and get some more donations. Hopefully the yard sale will be a huge success.

PS: I love your blog.