Thursday, April 22, 2010

Easter.. better late than never

I took absolutely no pictures this Easter. It's no big deal, Really. Can you believe I am saying that?? But I did have a great weekend watching the General Conference talks on my laptop on Saturday and Sunday we went to Teds parents house to watch the sessions there. (we shut off our TV to save money) I loved every talk! They are always such a great reminder as to where my attention should be. If I was in a better financial situation I would have gotten the kids new sunday clothes and easter baskets, treats, and toys. But right now we are learning how to go without. It can get really hard for me. But listening to conference really helped me to realize it doesn't matter. I wish conference weekend was always on Easter.
After conference Teds family came over to our house for dinner. And to have a egg hunt with the rest of the family. It was too cold to look for eggs outside. So we hid them in the house. After we emptied all the candy from the eggs we started tossing a few at eachother. Right about the time the 3rd egg was tossed it became a full out war. Those little plastic eggs can really hurt, especially when someone bings you right on top of the head as you are bending down to pick up more eggs. OUCH!
I came accross these pictures on someones blog and thought this would be so much fun to do.





But that idea quickly fadded. I like keeping holidays on the downlow. It keeps the real reason why we have these special days in true perspective. Perhaps I should watch 'The Passion of the Christ' again... to remind myself what Easter is all about. Then, sit down to a lovely dinner of rabbit stew to drive home the point!

No comments: