Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stupidity IS Painful!

Didn't someone say "Stupidity isn't painful?" WRONG. I sprained my ankle yesterday. I would like to say it was because I was doing something athletic or dangerous. But nope. I just did it being stupid. I thought taking a few items over to our neighbors yard sale would be a great way to get rid of a few things just lying around. I'll start with the biggest one. Great Idea. Our 200 lb., 32 inch, glass screen of a monsterous TV. Sliding it on it's side wasn't bad at all. I had 15 stairs to slide it down. No problem. I will just stand below it to keep it from going too fast........................................................................................

It went too fast.


I couldn't stop it once it got going. I was concerned with it taking out the stair railing or the wall at the end of the stairs. So I tried my hardest by digging my heels in. Just so you know, it is extremly hard to dig your heels in on stairs. My ankle twisted, I went down, and the TV rolled right over me. I was only four stairs up from the bottom so the TV and I didn't have far to go. It rolled nicely on it's side right at the bottom of the stairs. I somehow leaped over the TV and landed in the next room clutching my ankle in pain.


Both my kids had already made their way across the street to the yard sale. As soon as I was able to breath steady and the urge to vomit had subsided. I got up. Got some ice and called my kids back home. By then I figured I might have broken my ankle.


Anyway, thankfully The Dr. said it doesn't look broken. But it sure does hurt!!! I have a hard cast that wraps along the back of my leg and under my foot. And for the first time in my life I have to use crutches. I have been sitting on my butt all weekend. But tomorrow I am on my own with the kids. I really hope I don't loose my balance on the crutches and fall over and squash one of my kids.

Yes. Ted gave me a bit of a rant when I called to tell the news. He made up for it once he got home and was willing to put lotion on my feet before we went to the Dr.


Day 2. I still can't figure out why BOTH my feet have sore areas and even some chunks of skin missing from the most unusual areas on my feet.
Some who have had a sprain before say that once the swelling goes down it is much less painful. Can't wait for that..

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

now that looks like it hurts! Sure hope it heals quickly for you :(