Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daesha is 7!

Daesha deserved everything she wanted for her birthday this year. She has been so much help to me while I have been recovering with my foot. She was doing laundry, dishes, vacuuming and even taking out the trash. She never complained each time I would ask her to do something for me. And even more amazing was when she was done she would ask me if there was anything else I needed. She is the best daughter I could have ever asked for.
If money wasn't an issue I would have given her the Laser Tag party she wanted with 12 of her friends, as well as the laptop computer she wanted, and a puppy. (that really I wanted too)
But just to show she really is the sweetest thing ever she didn't show any disappointment when I said we just didn't have the money to do those things this year.
On Friday I took heart shaped Smart Cookies to Daeshas school. My sister came to help carry in the cookies because I was still not able to walk on my foot. After school Daesha got to open her gift from her family before her Dad had to go to work for the night. We got her some roller skates. She was pretty excited about them even if her brother ruined the surprise the day before and told her we got her roller skates. Daesha said that it was ok if he ruined the surprise because she doesn't know what color they where.
That night Keegan went to our neighbors and I took Daesha to see the Justin Beiber movie. I couldn't stop laughing at how extremely excited she was! As soon as the lights dimmed all the girls in the theater started screaming. I told Daesha to scream and she laughed and said, "I'm not going to scream, but I am getting butterflies!" Daesha was mesmerized the entire movie. I was a bit bored after the 1st hour. Can you believe that the movie was a full 2 hours! I leaned over to Daesha about half way through the movie and said, "OK, can we go now?" without hesitation she yelled "NOOOO!" I have to say the best part of the movie was when Justin Beiber does this slow motion hair flip and ever so sexily looks into the camera. I admit I was thinking, Wow, that kid REALLY IS cute! Just then Daesha grabbed my arm and squealed MOMMMYYYY! I was laughing so hard but yet wondering if maybe I exposed her a little too soon to Beiber Fever!
Ted worked all weekend so we had to wait a couple days till the family party. Everyone came over Sunday night to wish her a happy birthday. Daesha isn't a huge fan of cake. She loves Blueberries so I was going to try and make some sort of blueberry cake. But Daesha mentioned maybe having pie instead. I loved that idea. But I can't bake a pie. So I did the only know how I know and headed to Walmart where I got 3 Marie Calendars Triple Berry frozen pies and some vanilla ice cream. We stuck 7 candles in the pie and sang a very energetic rendition of Happy Birthday, followed by at least 10 seconds of Daesha blowing out her candles. It took her so many tries that her Dad said she deserved a retry and relit the candles only to have her take 25 seconds to blow them out the second time!
I believe that Daesha was very pleased with all her gifts and sharing her day with family. And I believe that I am very pleased with my daughter. I can't help but love her more everyday. Birthdays come so fast once your a parent and now that Daesha is well out of the baby stage she is noticeably getting taller every single year. As much as I would love to keep her at 7 years old for the rest of her life I love seeing her grow up while making good choices and working so hard in school. Like I said,

BEST DAUGHTER EVER.




Daesha held up every gift so that her cousin could take a picture. One time her cousin wasn't paying attention and she had to get him back on task by calling out his name. Be careful Randy you may be fired from taking pictures by the birthday girl!



This was the last gift of the night and unfortunately some had already gone home and missed this one from my sister..... I love her face! Even when all you see in the first picture is her one eyed, wide eyed excitement


Daesha got a book of heads with blank faces. The book came with stickers of all the face parts. Ted and I had fun sticking them on our own faces. Hahaha. The kids laughed at us but wouldn't let us stick them on their faces. Poor sports.

The football doesn't make Ted look any more manly.....


Daesha had to skate around before she headed off to bed. She has only had the skates for 3 days and is already skating like a pro!





1 comment:

Jeff and Kira said...

She is so sweet! I loved reading about how helpful she has been and I the pictures of you and ted with the face stickers are HILARIOUS!