Sunday, February 6, 2011

Estimated Damages

The worst possible nightmare... is having your hard drive CRASH!!!! I lost more than 90 digital pages and about 80% of my pictures from 2009 & 2010. I swear I have had the worst luck with all things that have to do with my computer. This is how it all went down. My laptop was running slow so I copied everything onto my external hard drive and then proceeded to start my computer over from scratch. Then as I was copying it all back to my laptop the plug got pulled out. No big deal. Hard drives make a hard copy right. Just pull it back up and restart the download. When I went to the hard drive there was no "chandras stuff" file. I didn't freak yet. Maybe it was lost somewhere in the laptop. Nope. Ok still might be ok. Just take it to Geek Squad, they can find it. After a day and a 1/2 they called to tell me the bad news. They couldn't get the file AND found that the hard drive was not copying right.

I am stating it right here. Here where just a month ago I was nearly ready to give up on my blog. I have to learn everything the hard way! My new regiment. I am bagging the whole scrapbooking headache!!! Just blog it and book it. I am liking this idea the more and more I think about it. Less stress and less time creating memories right?! I should be making actual memories instead of crafty pages of the memories. (To my very smart friend Kristin R, Why didn't you save me sooner? I should have listened to you. Yes I know that you have to have a scrapbook of every child in order to get to the Celestial Kingdom.... I guess neither one of us are getting there, because you were right!!! But I still think your going to hell because you don't even blog anymore :)) So on a good note it looks like I will be much more motivated to blog.

1 comment:

Kerra 'n' Josh said...

This post scares me and also makes me happy! Lots of mixed emotions, happy your blogging again scared that i could lose scrapbook pages :( So sorry that stinks way alot!