Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lets talk PUPPY!!!

This news is way over due. In fact, I think that this next post will be a compilation of all the things I have neglected lately on my blog.

1st and possibly the cutest news at our house is our new puppy. We got her back in March. The Saturday morning we first saw her was a busy morning. Ted took Keegan to get his hair cut. Daesha and I went to Walmart for groceries. As we pulled into the parking lot there was a slew of people selling puppies. Daesha and I have been conspiring to get a new puppy for some time. While every hint was quickly evaded by Ted. We stopped anyway, and went along the line of puppy owners. Every one at least 400 bucks or more. Last ones was 2 ladies selling Schnauzers. Exactly what I had been searching for! But I'd lost hope because they are so expensive. But there she was a little 4 pound black Schnauzer. I picked her up and could hardly stand the cuteness. Daesha and I were oooing and awing over her. The woman told me that she was the runt and had a small birth defect. Really? What? I hadn't even noticed anything. She was born with only one eye. Looking closer I could see it but I was already hooked. And so was Daesha. We didn't care. Ted was less than a mile away. I told the woman that we wanted this puppy that I only needed 10 minutes to tell my husband and we would be back to pick her up. Daesha and I drove over to the salon were Keegan was loving his hair cut. (Keegan asks' for a haircut every week, he absolutely loves it) I didn't have to do any persuading this time. Daesha took the wheel and batted her eyes and only had to say "pleeeeaasse" once before Ted agreed. He grudgingly agreed. And incase we were not aware of his disapproval he said he was not ever going to feed, bathe, of pick up poop... EVER!
But it should be stated that he is slowly coming around. He has fed her, taken her outside, but only because he doesn't want poop on the carpet. And he really does like her. He has yet to pick up any poop though. This one duty might remain firm.
I almost forgot! Daesha picked her name. LIZZY.
Keegan calls her LIZ and Ted keeps calling her MOLLY by accident. I've caught myself doing that a couple times too. One day Lizzy came running into the kitchen with a big white circle over her missing eye. I picked her up to get it off and realized someone had taped a big googly eye to her! No It wasn't one of the kids. Just the big one... TED. It was pretty funny and the kids wanted to leave it there.






BTW... I have lots more to catch up on. But I will do more tomorrow :)

No comments: