Thursday, June 16, 2011

DIY at CMH

(Do It Yourself at Christiansen's Money Hole)

I have always disliked our white cabinets in our kitchen. And I recently realized that 3 of the 4 houses we have owned had dark green walls in the kitchen. Instead of changing the cabinets I thought that a fresh coat of paint, some curtains made by myself and the help of my 1 armed mother-in-law might make the kitchen more bearable. I also made a small change with the glass doors on a few of the cabinets. I got a sticky plastic that gave the glass a frosty look. I love this because I don't have to have cute little nik-naks in my cabinets. I can now but stuff I actually need in my cabinets! What do you think of it all finished?


BEFORE (south end)


AFTER (south end)



BEFORE (north end)

AFTER (north end)
I don't have a before picture of our bay window because it was bare. But here it is with my curtains. I am sure a real designer wouldn't have a huge bannana tree, but my kids love it and can't wait till it actually grows banannas. And the other planted basket is from little Tiffany's funeral. It's still growing great! :)
Lastly I found these really cute canvas prints for only 15 bucks each! I painted 2 very dark brown (looks black) rectangles, and hung the prints over them for a modern frame look!




1 comment:

Kerra 'n' Josh said...

Love it, love it, love it... These pictures don't give justice to the amazing color! Let's get together like yesterday! Miss you...