Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Magic Does Exist

Remember this little elf taking a sip from our syrup last week??? well there is more to this story.
It began with this picture:

That night our brainy daughter Daesha put out her camera to see if she could catch Thor on video. The next morning I was in the kitchen making Keegans lunch and Daesha walked in half asleep and rubbing her eyes. She picked up her camera and pushed PLAY. I have never seen somebody wake up so fast! She shouted. Seriously shouted "I GOT HIM!" Keegan ran to her side. "let me see, let me see" Daesha pulled the camera closer to herself and said. "just a second I have to see it again, I think I was dreaming!"

This is what she saw:


Daesha was so thrilled she took her camera to school. I started thinking that some parents are going to hate us for this. But I don't care I don't hate the parents who came up with the whole Santa Claus coming down a chimney and riding in a sleigh pulled by reindeer. I have very fond memories as a child waiting for Christmas morning when I knew without a doubt that Santa was real. It was magical. I know that Santa and presents is not what Christmas is about. But I do know that this season brings out some hope of joy and love in all of us. And I have to think that the magic of our childhood memories are a big part of that.

No comments: