Friday, December 21, 2012

Minute To Win It Night

I have no idea what is wrong with me tonight. I mean today, this morning. I am blogging at 4 am! My alarm goes off in 1 hour and 30 minutes and I will have to get ready for work. That's not so bad you may say. Nope. It's bad. I never was able to fall asleep when I got in bed at 11 last night. I lyed in bed awake for an hour. Then I played on my phone for 30 minutes. Then again in bed for another 30 minutes still trying to fall asleep. (you don't even want the breakdown of all the random thoughts, position changes, breathing patterns anything to get myself to fall asleep) Finally I gave up and decided to sit on the couch and blog.
Because one of the things pressing on my mind besides the fact the world could end tomorrow, today ;) is that my blog really must be caught up BEFORE Christmas. Just because.
So without any further restless brain tiring wordy chit chat I will post about my family Christmas get-together.... Oh boy I better not try too hard in correct grammar and other "stuff" in this post. I do try in succeeding correct grammar or "how I would say it" in my blog. This will just be a word train wreck because right now everything makes perfect sense. I'm not tired at all really.  But After a good night sleep I will be a bit annoyed that I even blogged at all.

Usually me and my brother; along with our families go to my sisters house on Christmas day. This year we decided to change it up and get together earlier in the month. We were all ready to get together as soon as we could because we always do have a great time. When ever we get together we always mention how much we wished we could ALL be together. I have 1 brother in California that doesn't get join us for dinner celebrations. We do see him but only on special occasions when we are able to go there or he comes here. Life gets busy for us all. But he and his family are missed when we do get together.
We always have a wonderful ham with all the Christmas day traditional foods. And LOTS of it. I tried a new recipe I found on pinterest. It was a "better than S. cake". I can't bring myself to type the  word associated with S because I was telling Teds sisters about this cake and when I said the "s" word they all gasped. After being married for 16 years I hadn't realized I can't say the "s" word. And I think they read my blog ;)
Anyway. Instead of carmel and toffee on the cake you use carmel and peppermint chips. It sounded so good. When I had the cake finished the smell was heavenly and it looked better than I imagined. Sadly it was way too much sugar for my taste.

After dinner we played Minute To Win It!
Sorry about the blurry pictures.. most the games take alot of movement and I didn't think about changing the setting on my camera.

First we played SNOWBALL FIGHT.
This game you have a stack of tissues. You must crumble up 1 tissue and toss over to a strip of tape that is sticky side up. Person with the most to stick wins! Randy and Brit played against each other. Nobody got a single tissue on the tape so at the last 2 seconds Randy threw half his stack all at once. :)


then REINDEER GAMES
hold a piece of yarn in your mouth with a red pompom on the other end. Put Vaseline on the tip of your nose and try to get the pompom stuck to the tip of your nose without using your hands! Scott and Rachel played this. It too was a difficult challenge. They called it a truce and grabbed their pompoms and stuck it on each others noses.


 CAP IT OFF
Using a nylon stocking as a hat, put a tennis ball in the toe end and try and knock over 3 bottles of water. Daesha and Rachel played this. Daesha was really fast and won.


FACE THE GINGERBREAD MAN
Simple. Just get the gingerbread cookie from your forehead to your mouth only using the muscles of your face to move it. Some could do this. And some could not. I could not ;)



This picture below is AWESOME! This is my niece Manda. Her daughter is behind her cheering her on. GO MOM!!!!

CHECKIN' IT TWICE
Requires a clipboard, ping pong balls, and a bucket. (see photo below)

At first these boys were all tough and acted silly. But as soon as the minute started to count down and balls started to fly towards their man parts they got very serious.


I don't remember what we called this game but it was super easy. Done in less than 10 seconds :)
 NUT STACKER
Starts with 5 metal nuts on a pencil. Using 1 hand stack 5 nuts on top of each other. We found that pencils with plastic wrap on them don't work well at all)


 HAPPY FACE
4 at a time played this. 2 plates, one with several m&m's the other empty. Using a straw you must suck a m&m from one plate to the empty one creating a smiley face. I totally lost my breath on this game. Holly kicked every ones butt!!

 Notice Holly has hers done and the rest of us only had about 6 transferred over.

The best and last game we called JINGLE JUNK (thanks Randy for the name of this one)
Most have seen the empty tissue box tied to your rear end. And you have to shake all you got to get out the balls inside. For the holiday season we put jingle bells in them instead of ping pong balls. I didn't get any pictures or a video that was more than 2 seconds long. My camera has issues.
Ted did get this one of the kiddos I put on Facebook so I'm not downloading it again.
I think everyone had a fun time I know my kids really liked playing games with the grownups. I am pretty sure my kids will be wanting to do fun games like this every year at our Lamb family get together. Sure love this crazy family.

No comments: